Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

Remake 'The Transformers: The Movie'

jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1095
    Geek-Cred : 7

Remake 'The Transformers: The Movie' Empty Remake 'The Transformers: The Movie'

Post  jorowi April 18th 2023, 9:50 am

We have the technology now to do a shot-for-shot, line-by-line remake of 'The Transformers'. The audio could be remastered for all the Transformers and actors could use the original script for the humans. C'mon, Michael Bay, give us what we really want!

Twitter
    Instagram
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Remake 'The Transformers: The Movie' Empty Re: Remake 'The Transformers: The Movie'

Post  Paeter April 18th 2023, 7:08 pm

So are we talking a live-action remake? Who would you cast?

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Remake 'The Transformers: The Movie' Empty Re: Remake 'The Transformers: The Movie'

Post  AdamCollings April 19th 2023, 12:06 am

Not sure if I need a line for line remake, but it would have been cool if the live action movies had followed a path somewhat like this.

1) Origin story. Establish characters as for Generation 1.
    2) Follow the same basic story as "The Transformers: The Movie"
    3) A story set with the Generation 2 characters (Roadimus Prime, Ultra Magnus etc) more space opera less earthbound
    4) Follow the same basic story as "The Return of Optimus Prime"

My son actually has the entire collection of The Transformers on DVD as well as the animated movie.
    Part of me wants to go back and re-watch some of it. Esecially the post-movie season (which was my favourite)

but I'm a little embarrassed to sit down and watch a kids cartoon, and fear that through adult eyes it won't live up to my marvelous childhood memories.
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Post  AdamCollings April 19th 2023, 12:07 am

That said, I would totally watch your proposed remake, John.
    jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1095
    Geek-Cred : 7

Post  jorowi April 19th 2023, 11:11 am

Paeter wrote:So are we talking a live-action remake? Who would you cast?

Yes, "live-action", although much of what happens in this movie would be 100% CGI. As far as casting goes, there wouldn't be much that needs to be done if the original dialogue is remastered. I think we'd have to age up Daniel and maybe some of the characters would need to be recast if the acting isn't up to snuff. Not sure who would be cast for Daniel.

Twitter
    Instagram
    AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 835
    Geek-Cred : 4

Post  AGoodReed April 20th 2023, 2:44 pm

We're talking about making a live action remake of the animated The Transformer: The Movie from 1986, right? I actually would be interested in seeing Jon's proposal, but I'd also like to see Adam's. I'd also be fine with another animated remake with modern animation (though I'd prefer it stay 2D).

I should probably watch the original movie sometime. I don't think I've ever seen it.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 13th 2024, 5:32 pm