Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

Gate Zero - A Bible Exploration Video Game

jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1095
    Geek-Cred : 7

Gate Zero - A Bible Exploration Video Game Empty Gate Zero - A Bible Exploration Video Game

Post  jorowi June 7th 2023, 9:29 am

This came across my radar yesterday. Their Kickstarter launched yesterday.

Synopsis:
    Gate Zero is a story-rich adventure video game that allows you to "play the Bible"

Travel back in time to explore ancient Israel, interact with gospel stories, and examine the deeper meaning of Jesus' words.

Discover the history and culture of ancient Israel as you freely roam the streets of Jerusalem, Capernaum, and surrounding areas, picking up missions and items along the way. Gather resources to help the locals and avoid danger by using your gear and stealth abilities. Unlock riddles after every mission to get one step closer to solving your grandmother's mystery. Witness history unfold as you interact with familiar characters and get involved with their stories.

Twitter
    Instagram
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Gate Zero - A Bible Exploration Video Game Empty Re: Gate Zero - A Bible Exploration Video Game

Post  Paeter June 7th 2023, 3:45 pm

VERY cool! Thanks so much for posting this here!!

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Gate Zero - A Bible Exploration Video Game Empty Re: Gate Zero - A Bible Exploration Video Game

Post  AdamCollings June 7th 2023, 6:11 pm

This game has my attention. I like the use of time travel as a framing device. I like that they use middle-eastern-ish accents for the bible characters (as The Chosen does). It always weirds me out when Jesus has an American accent. Also, kinda fun to here an Aussie voice as the narrator in the trailer.

I was excited when I saw that Playstation was a stretch goal, and then deflated when I realised it was only PS5. Time to get used to this.

Getting PC games to play on our tired laptop is always a massive gamble, but I'm considering giving it some support, but the cost does give me a little pause.
    I noticed they had a downloadable demo, which at least might give me an indication of how likely the resulting game will be to be able to run on our machine.
    theIntrospect
    theIntrospect

Activity : 12
    Geek-Cred : 0

Post  theIntrospect June 14th 2023, 8:21 pm

Been keeping an eye on this. Looks awesome, and the team behind it seems to have a Gospel centric vision. The time travel aspect kinda reminds me of Assassin's Creed.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 14th 2024, 3:51 pm