Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Where do all the calculators go?

UKSteve
    UKSteve

Activity : 354
    Geek-Cred : 10

Where do all the calculators go? Empty Where do all the calculators go?

Post  UKSteve June 25th 2023, 3:37 pm

Alright dudes?

Sorry I've been away for about 3 million years - maybe we'll get into that elsewhere.

Some of you may remember that before I went into stasis I wrote an occasional series on CGC pulling gospel truths from the godless, uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe of Red Dwarf.

Well, long story short, I turned that idea into a book - and, for such a niche subject it's selling surprisingly well (by which I mean it selling at all is surprising). Now, since it launched on amazon last November, and almost without me even telling anyone about it a bunch of paperback sales went out, I'm assuming there was a 'gift for a Red Dwarf fan' factor at play there, so I'm mentioning it here in case any Christian geeks would like to pray that my Biblical interpretation of Red Dwarf (or my Red Dwarf interpretation of the Bible) might just speak to someone out there.

Like this geezer having a read of it, and this other bloke who looks very pleased with his copy.

Where do all the calculators go? Danny10 Where do all the calculators go? Chris10  Where do all the calculators go? Lunapi10

Also, because I haven't come here after so long just for self-promotion, you absolutely shouldn't look for it at your favourite ebook supplier, or visit amazon for the paperback (which I think is much better).

mindspike likes this post

AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Where do all the calculators go? Empty Re: Where do all the calculators go?

Post  AdamCollings June 26th 2023, 1:01 am

I saw your photos on Facebook recently.
    How did the actors react to the Christian nature of the book? Did that lead to any interesting discussion with them?
    UKSteve
    UKSteve

Activity : 354
    Geek-Cred : 10

Post  UKSteve June 29th 2023, 2:08 pm

Danny and Chris were *very* popular that day, so there wasn't chance to get too deep! Danny especially seemed genuinely interested - although he could just be a good actor!

Of course there is the hope that one or other of them will get curious and have a read, and maybe that interesting discussion could still happen...
    mindspike
    mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 1035
    Geek-Cred : 39

Post  mindspike July 7th 2023, 11:31 am

Very cool. I quite enjoyed the Ambivalence Chronicles. I'll check this out too!

mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 1035
    Geek-Cred : 39

Post  mindspike August 28th 2023, 1:47 pm

Just in case someone is interested, I did a video review of Where Do All the Calculators Go?

Predictably, I get Rimmer and Lister confused... which, come to think of it, is perfectly in keeping with the show, so I didn't go back and fix it. Laughing

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 14th 2024, 4:24 am