Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Question about Comic books

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Question about Comic books Empty Question about Comic books

Post  Rickster February 6th 2011, 1:29 am

Ok so I just started reading two rather new comic book series and one of them his about to have thir first Annual book. What is a Annual book and how is it diffrent from the rest of the series?

Question about Comic books Empty Re: Question about Comic books

Post  Guest February 6th 2011, 5:04 pm

I'm not an expert, having only followed a couple of series, and only recently at that, but here is what I have observed. They are a once a year double-sized issue, that sometimes tries to do something different or special with the series' characters and situations, but at the same time just about all of them that I've come across have tended to be user friendly, not requiring knowledge beyond general understanding of the series' premise. While their story can be approachable to outside readers, story elements from them can play back into and become important in the ongoing series continuity. That's my understanding of them.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter February 7th 2011, 10:06 pm

That's a really good summary, I think! I was trying to figure out how to answer that, since Annuals can have different purposes and relationships to the main series, but I think Kris nailed it as far as my experience with Annuals goes.

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster February 8th 2011, 7:06 pm

Ok thanks so the series is monthly so should I expect to see annuals come out every 12 books? or do they come out diffrent times each year?
    mindspike
    mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 1035
    Geek-Cred : 39

Post  mindspike February 9th 2011, 10:39 am

Annuals, Yearbooks, and other special editions have traditionally been a "fifth-week" event. Shipping schedules put out new books every week, the current release day is Wednesday. (Anyone remember getting your new books on Thursday... or Tuesday? Flashbacks...) Most months have four Wednesdays in them, but four times a year we get five Wednesdays in a month. These four days interrupt the regular monthly publishing schedules, and are known as "the fifth week"; this is when you should look for annuals and specials. Not every book will release a special edition on every fifth-week event, but keep your eyes open - we have five Wednesdays in March this year....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 6th 2024, 6:45 pm