Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

+3
Sash
Paeter
Hackmodford
7 posters

SciFi Noah's Ark

Hackmodford
    Hackmodford
    Tech Admin
    Alliance Director

Activity : 797
    Geek-Cred : 7

SciFi Noah's Ark Empty SciFi Noah's Ark

Post  Hackmodford July 3rd 2010, 11:09 am

Okay so I've had this idea in my head for a scifi noah's ark story. I think it could be really cool. Basically it's the good ol' noah's tale except that a meteor or something is going to crash into the earth So Noah makes a space station to orbit the earth for a "long" time while the earth regenerates. He also takes an embryo of every living thing with him (mostly to be scifiey but also to save space) And then later lands back on earth to regenerate it Wink

But I suck at writing scripts. Is there anybody that would be willing to try to write this story out and then I'll direct it? If you don't know how to write a radio script I could "adapt" what you write also. I"m really good at adapting but not coming up with dialog and stuff on my own.

SciFi Noah's Ark UntoldAlliancesJPG1_Resized

Goozex: Trade Videogames and save money!
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

SciFi Noah's Ark Empty Re: SciFi Noah's Ark

Post  Paeter July 3rd 2010, 12:00 pm

Hackmodford wrote:Okay so I've had this idea in my head for a scifi noah's ark story. I think it could be really cool. Basically it's the good ol' noah's tale except that a meteor or something is going to crash into the earth So Noah makes a space station to orbit the earth for a "long" time while the earth regenerates. He also takes an embryo of every living thing with him (mostly to be scifiey but also to save space) And then later lands back on earth to regenerate it Wink

But I suck at writing scripts. Is there anybody that would be willing to try to write this story out and then I'll direct it? If you don't know how to write a radio script I could "adapt" what you write also. I"m really good at adapting but not coming up with dialog and stuff on my own.

Have you seen the animated movie "Titan A.E."? Good flick! But I'd also recommend watching it before going forward much with your script to avoid potential crossover of too many ideas. It has a similar premise, though focuses on a specific alien antagonist.

www.spiritblade.com
    Hackmodford
    Hackmodford
    Tech Admin
    Alliance Director

Post  Hackmodford July 3rd 2010, 12:15 pm

Paeter wrote:
    Hackmodford wrote:Okay so I've had this idea in my head for a scifi noah's ark story. I think it could be really cool. Basically it's the good ol' noah's tale except that a meteor or something is going to crash into the earth So Noah makes a space station to orbit the earth for a "long" time while the earth regenerates. He also takes an embryo of every living thing with him (mostly to be scifiey but also to save space) And then later lands back on earth to regenerate it Wink

Have you seen the animated movie "Titan A.E."? Good flick! But I'd also recommend watching it before going forward much with your script to avoid potential crossover of too many ideas. It has a similar premise, though focuses on a specific alien antagonist.

You know what I think I did! But it must have been years ago... was that the movie were the earth was destroyed by an alien race that was afraid of what we could become, and the humans were near extinction, and there was this "legend" spaceship that could "rebuild" the earth?

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter July 3rd 2010, 1:18 pm

Hackmodford wrote:

You know what I think I did! But it must have been years ago... was that the movie were the earth was destroyed by an alien race that was afraid of what we could become, and the humans were near extinction, and there was this "legend" spaceship that could "rebuild" the earth?

That's the one!

www.spiritblade.com
    Sash
    Sash

Activity : 7
    Geek-Cred : 0

Post  Sash July 3rd 2010, 1:39 pm

Hack, I'd suggest you write up a very extensive/detailed story outline (if you haven't already). That might make it easier for the writer to work with and within your vision. I remember when your story was first suggested- I still think it's a MARVELOUS idea.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter July 3rd 2010, 1:44 pm

Sash wrote:Hack, I'd suggest you write up a very extensive/detailed story outline (if you haven't already). That might make it easier for the writer to work with and within your vision. I remember when your story was first suggested- I still think it's a MARVELOUS idea.

Great to see you here, Sash! (Well, kinda see you. No Avatar for you yet.) Feel free to introduce yourself over at "What's On Your Brain" and jump over to The Alliance Workshop as well!

See you around!

www.spiritblade.com
    Digdug445
    Digdug445
    Alliance Member

Activity : 58

Post  Digdug445 July 6th 2010, 6:24 pm

Also have any of you seen 2012? It's good but you also might want to watch it to make sure not many of the ideas are reused. It's like a modern day non-Christian Noah's ark.
    Hackmodford
    Hackmodford
    Tech Admin
    Alliance Director

Post  Hackmodford July 6th 2010, 7:00 pm

2012... That was a really good farfetched movie...

I wish they would've released it on the eve of 2012, that could've been hilarious!

Alee
    Alee
    Alliance Member

Activity : 16

Post  Alee July 6th 2010, 11:35 pm

I think I remember seeing this idea posted over on the Yahoo group... don't think I said anything back then, but I really like the idea.

If you give me some more idea of how you want this to go, I could help write/script if you like. We could collaborate on it. Smile

And I think your idea sounds different enough from 2012 that that movie's not going to be an issue. Titan, AE maybe, but not 2012.
    UKSteve
    UKSteve

Activity : 354
    Geek-Cred : 10

Post  UKSteve July 9th 2010, 10:36 am

I wrote something along those lines many years ago... if you fancy digging it up to see how I envisaged it (or just to tell me how bad I was at writing back then) it starts here.

Steve
    Hackmodford
    Hackmodford
    Tech Admin
    Alliance Director

Post  Hackmodford July 9th 2010, 10:43 am

I just glanced at the story (I"m at work)
    Sounds like it's on another planet?
    My idea was to be on earth except in the future of now. (except it wouldn't be the future since it would be the same time period just better technology) if that makes sense...

UKSteve
    UKSteve

Activity : 354
    Geek-Cred : 10

Post  UKSteve July 10th 2010, 3:07 am

Hackmodford wrote:I just glanced at the story (I"m at work)
    Sounds like it's on another planet?
    My idea was to be on earth except in the future of now. (except it wouldn't be the future since it would be the same time period just better technology) if that makes sense...

Indeed it is on another planet, although when I started it a sort of parallel Earth was an option. My version forms part of the back story/mythology for my Old Testament Space Operas, and obviously once I had decided to do space opera, having an Earth seemed less important Smile
    Noelr
    Noelr
    Alliance Member

Activity : 11

Post  Noelr July 31st 2010, 3:29 pm

Would you go with the animals in physical form of a genetics databank? I know that most ideas like this tend to go with DNA storage. However I think there's a bit of comedy to be mined from rounding up two of everything Smile
    Hackmodford
    Hackmodford
    Tech Admin
    Alliance Director

Post  Hackmodford July 31st 2010, 5:30 pm

Can you explain a bit more? R u saying storing physical DNA or just having a db and sequencing later?

Noelr
    Noelr
    Alliance Member

Post  Noelr July 31st 2010, 7:18 pm

Yeah, I think that's what I mean LOL. If the storage was physical DNA then there's potential for a sequence where the Noah is trying to extract the DNA from various sources. It all depends how much time you want to spend on the pre-ark launch or if you wanted the main body of action to be the on-board stuff.
    Hackmodford
    Hackmodford
    Tech Admin
    Alliance Director

Post  Hackmodford August 1st 2010, 1:16 am

so you don't like the embryo idea?

Noelr
    Noelr
    Alliance Member

Post  Noelr August 1st 2010, 9:03 am

I think the embyro idea is good. Would you have them already extracted and stored in a facility before the building of the ark? or would the ark be ready built as the Noah has prior knowledge of the tragedy before it becomes worldwide news?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 14th 2024, 12:03 pm