Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

what would you do?

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

what would you do? Empty what would you do?

Post  Rickster April 4th 2011, 8:20 pm

Ok ted dekker's facebook page posted this question and I like to get you guys opinion on this
    If you saw a guy raping your kid and the only way to stop him was to kill him would you?
    And if yes would you confess or cover it up?
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

what would you do? Empty Re: what would you do?

Post  Paeter April 4th 2011, 11:57 pm

Rickster wrote:Ok ted dekker's facebook page posted this question and I like to get you guys opinion on this
    If you saw a guy raping your kid and the only way to stop him was to kill him would you?
    And if yes would you confess or cover it up?

I would, since there is no assurance my son will not be lethally injured by the act. So in defense of his life (and shocked, unreasoning terror) I would probably end up getting way out of control and doing everything I could to kill him. And I'd absolutely confess. I don't think a jury would convict me.

Now, if Ted wants to know if I think I would be morally right, that would probably depend more on the condition of my heart during the act, which I can't be sure would be without sin. I'd probably be dealing with all kinds of sin during and after an event like that.

www.spiritblade.com

Current date/time is May 6th 2024, 9:35 am