Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Your testimony

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Your testimony  Empty Your testimony

Post  Rickster June 3rd 2011, 5:23 pm

I thought it would be nice if we a topic where we could share our testimony. It doesn't have to be how you got saved, althoughs stories are welcomed too, but about a time when God has reveled Himself to you.

For me it was almost 2 years ago and my sister had been in the hospital from a alergic reaction from some medication and after being in the hospital for a few days we learned that it was life threating and I remember being in the ICU waiting room and I was angry at God and I remember praying "God I know I'm suppose to worship you at these moments but I don't know how." and a few minutes later I started singing outloud (Something I never do) these words
    I will enter his gates with
    thanksgiving in my heart
    I will enter his courts with praise
    I will say this is the day that the
    Lord has made
    I will rejoice for he has made me glad
    He has made me glad
    He has made me glad
    I will rejoice for he has
    made me glad
    I felt like a walking oximoron by singing He has made me glad as I had tears running down my face but I couldn't stop singing and the more I sang it the more at peace I felt with the whole situation.

Oh and on a side note my sister lived

I can't wait to hear your stories
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Your testimony  Empty Re: Your testimony

Post  Paeter June 5th 2011, 1:30 am

Thanks, Rickster. I can only imagine that an experience like that was a huge boost for your relationship to God and trust in him.

A decisive moment came for me in my senior year of high school during an after school drama rehearsal. Up until that time, I figured I might pursue a career in film acting after college, or possibly musical theater. (Neither of which would have been "wrong" in any way.) I was watching my friends rehearse their scenes, waiting for mine to come up, and for no specific reason I can remember, my perspective on people suddenly changed. I was struck by the reality that everyone falls into one of two categories. Those who trust their eternal existence to Jesus, and those who don't. At the same time, the reality of the consequences for each of those choices struck me square in the face.

I looked around the room and suddenly saw people who were terminally ill in the worst kind of way, and felt a driving need to spread the cure, or news of it, to as many people as possible.

This was the first of several key "crossroads" moments in which God made a strong impression on me that resulted in a major change in the course of my life plans, but it has served as the foundation of my motivation for much of what I do even to this day.

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster July 1st 2011, 1:08 am

Another story of mine
    There is this Christian singer who I have a crush on and once in a while I'll use her as my "Gideon's Fleece" so a couple years back I was trying to produce a game show at school and so much was going wrong and I was thinking about telling my teache that I couldn't do it and give my the day that I had book to someone else. Well I turned on the TV and JCTV was on (Which was a amazing in it's self since I don't get good signal for that channel very often) and there was this girl on the screen talking about persiverance and she said "sure your having a hard time right now but just think about how good your going to feel once the job is done" right then I knew God was speaking to me but just to let me know for sure that it was from Him after they said that, they played a music video by my fleece girl. I've also took that as I was studing to be in the Career that God wants me to be.
    hvymtlcowboy
    hvymtlcowboy
    Alliance Member

Activity : 125
    Geek-Cred : 0

Post  hvymtlcowboy July 12th 2011, 3:12 pm

I remember a very significant time for me that let me know that God was real. I was around 12 or 13 and we had went to revival at a sister church. I don't remember the church's name or even where it was. I do remember sitting there during the song service and looking at an old hymn book. This book was really tattered,stained and the cover was missing. The edges were curled up from frequent use. I remember opening that book up and the inside was just and clear and legible as the day it was first printed. Suddenly I realized that God was showing me something. 'It doesn't matter what the outside covering looks like, it is still just as clear and legible inside (to God) as the day you were made. I don't remember the preacher calling for testimonies, but I do remember not being able to stay seated. God jerked me up from that bench and the next thing I knew I was crying and telling the whole congregation about the revelation I had had, still clutching that old tattered hymnal. A good friend of mine got saved that night. I never asked him if my testimony had anything to do with his decision to come to the altar,but I like to think that it did. Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 6th 2024, 8:30 am