Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

There are some who call me....

Tim
    Tim

Activity : 258
    Geek-Cred : 4

There are some who call me.... Empty There are some who call me....

Post  Tim July 3rd 2010, 9:49 pm

Hi All,

My name is Tim O'Donnell and I am a Christian Geek. (wow, feels like a Christian Geeks Anonymous...) I have been serving the Lord since the tender age of 4. I was watching Gospel Bill (anybody remember that?) and I decided to give my heart to Jesus. I have been in active Youth and Children's Ministry for 13 years starting out as a Youth Leader in my Youth Group until going to Bible College and making the statement that I had no interest in working with young kids. I told my fellow youth leaders that the young ones were annoying and stubborn and that I would rather work with Junior or Senior High Schoolers and College aged Youth. God promptly led me to Children's ministry teaching 6-12yr olds and I found my passion. Since then I have followed the same group of kids for 7 years now in 12-18yr old Youth Church were I am the Youth Teacher.

I love to read everything from Ted Dekker and Frank Peretti to Jim Butcher, Brent Weeks, Orson Scott Card, Scott Sigler, and Dean Koontz on to CS Lewis and Tolkien. I love to draw. I'm not a pro yet; I don't think I'm good enough for paying work buy hopefully soon. I am real interested in learning some digital art techniques, because the pen and pencil skills don't necissarily transfer over. I am an avid Gamer. I primarily stick to my X-box 360 (Gamertag: Aeron A01) and i probably play puzzle games way too much. Most of all, I love to write. It's my passion, and it is sort of my way of dealing with stress. I write Fantasy or Sci-fi, sometimes a dash of Horror or even just a simple real life character story. Whatever I write, I like it to tug on my readers emotions whether to make them laugh or cry.

I work as a Security Guard at on Oil Refinery. I watch cameras and handle emergencies and there are days that I enjoy my job less than I should.

I found Spirit Blade through a group called "Tech Support" which unless you've heard of it before, is nothing like it sounds. It is a fan group for Feedback, the Winner of Season 1 of Who Wants To Be A SuperHero on the SciFi Channel. I created several characters for the Universe we've created around him and I am one of the writers that write stories about the Character of Feedback and his "superhero pit-crew" Tech Support. I also play the Voice of Back-up, my personal character, on BrokenSea's Audio Drama Feedback: A Hero's Calling. Paeter is the Voice Talent of Pre-Fetch and I aspire to not have any lines right after him, so that I don't sound as bad by comparison.

Well, I think I've done enough talking for now.

><>

><> ><> ><> <>< ><> ><>
    Be BOLD

PS 144:1
    1COR 4:20

><>
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

There are some who call me.... Empty Re: There are some who call me....

Post  Paeter July 3rd 2010, 10:17 pm

Welcome, Tim!

I don't know if you saw it or not, but I also posted an introduction for you in the "Introductions" topic. Thank you SO much for helping moderate here!

I'm a big fan of Brent Weeks as well!

I keep forgetting that you're so involved over at Tech Support! That's always fun material to work on and it's a great group of people.

Great to have you here, Tim!

Thanks again!

www.spiritblade.com
    Tim
    Tim

Post  Tim July 3rd 2010, 10:30 pm

Thanks Paeter, I just saw it. Brent Weeks is good. The Trilogy has been sitting on my shelf since last October. I had bought it around my birthday based on the covers alone. Sometimes, you can Judge a book by the cover.

><>

><> ><> ><> <>< ><> ><>
    Be BOLD

><>
    hvymtlcowboy
    hvymtlcowboy
    Alliance Member

Activity : 125
    Geek-Cred : 0

Post  hvymtlcowboy July 3rd 2010, 11:13 pm

Nice to meetcha. And I am so jealous of your avatar! I like that. lol!
    Tim
    Tim

Post  Tim July 3rd 2010, 11:28 pm

It was either Deadpool or one that says "My Faith Protects Me, My Kevlar Helps."

><>

><> ><> ><> <>< ><> ><>
    Be BOLD

><>
    Hackmodford
    Hackmodford
    Tech Admin
    Alliance Director

Activity : 797
    Geek-Cred : 7

Post  Hackmodford July 3rd 2010, 11:37 pm

is your avatar spider-man or ben reiley or something? Who is it?

I also like orson scott card. His book Ender's Game is just phenomenal!

There are some who call me.... UntoldAlliancesJPG1_Resized

Goozex: Trade Videogames and save money!
    Tim
    Tim

Post  Tim July 3rd 2010, 11:47 pm

Hackmodford wrote:is your avatar spider-man or ben reiley or something? Who is it?

I also like orson scott card. His book Ender's Game is just phenomenal!

It's Deadpool. Look him up on wikipedia. He's one part Wolverine, one part Spiderman, one part Crazy...

...and yeah Ender's Game is great, Ender's Shadow is even better. I always liked Bean more than Ender.

><>

><> ><> ><> <>< ><> ><>
    Be BOLD

><>

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 15th 2024, 1:40 am