Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

The Phantom

Tim
    Tim

Activity : 258
    Geek-Cred : 4

The Phantom Empty The Phantom

Post  Tim July 5th 2010, 11:05 am

Anyone see The Phantom on the SyFy Channel. It was a several hour long movie that is sort of an update on the old Phantom Comic Book Character.

I was presently surprised by this. I liked the updated look of the costume and the style of the Film. I thought the daredevil/parkour additions were a welcome change. I remember really liking the older movie with Billy Zane, but with that skin tight purple suit is a product of its time and I think this new one is a good sequel/reboot.

To me it looks like this is trying to probe for interest in a TV series...am I wrong/right? Anyone know anything about this? It sort of snuck up on me. I'd really like to see an ongoing series of The Ghost Who Walks. I always loved the old Noir Superheroes...(ie. the Phantom, The Shadow, Batman, Dick Tracy...)

Thoughts?

><> ><> ><> <>< ><> ><>
    Be BOLD

PS 144:1
    1COR 4:20

><>
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

The Phantom Empty Re: The Phantom

Post  Paeter July 5th 2010, 1:40 pm

Crap! I'm bummed that I missed this! I knew about it coming awhile back, but since I haven't been watching anything on SyFy in awhile I haven't been connected to their marketing campaign. Wonder if I can catch it on their website or hulu...

www.spiritblade.com