Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

Hi there!

Alee
    Alee
    Alliance Member

Activity : 16
    Geek-Cred : 0

Hi there! Empty Hi there!

Post  Alee July 6th 2010, 7:25 pm

Hello, all! Nice to be here. I'm Alee.

Don't really know what all to say about myself, haha. I feel somewhat less geeky than a lot of you guys (just so there's no confusion, that's a compliment to you guys), but I still consider myself a proud, proud geek. ^_^ I'm an avid reader and have been since before I could walk. I don't know if I could name one favorite author - there are just so... many... good ones...! - but Jim Butcher and Libba Bray are definitely up there. I will also read pretty much anything having to do with mythology... I love me some mythology. Oh, I'm nearly done with the book I'm currently reading (Inkdeath by Cornelia Funke, if anyone cares) and I've got a month and a half before fall semester starts up... anybody got good books to recommend?

I also write. A lot. To the point where I literally do not go anywhere without a notebook and pens. I'm a sort-of journalist (that's my current major, I did school newspaper, I spent a couple months as a guest columnist for the Oro Valley magazine), but I really love creating and telling stories more than just reporting them. Speaking of...

Like Tim, I was introduced to Spirit Blade, and audio drama in general, through Tech Support (the background of which Tim was kind enough to explain in his intro post), where I've contributed a few stories and a few character concepts. I've had the privilege of co-writing for both that group's audio dramas, Feedback: A Hero's Calling and Beta Flight, and voice my character Mnemonic in the former. I linked the shows so you guys can listen to them if you want - you should, because not only are both series pretty dang cool, but you'll have the opportunity to hear what freaking fantastic voice-actors Paeter and Tim are (and I promise I'm not just sayin' that; you guys rock).

I've gotten to do a little bit of mixing/post-production for BrokenSea in the form of the Halloween special "Smile" (which I'm not linking because it's kind of violent and bad-language-y and I don't want to offend anyone here). Hopefully I'll get some opportunities to both write and mix for Spirit Blade Underground as well - my current project for this group is on hold for the time being.

I'm also a college student (like I said, majoring in journalism for right now, but I'm starting to reconsider), and a sometime artist (not great, but practicing). When I'm not in classes or doing the reading/writing/audio-drama thing, I volunteer at an art studio that offers drawing/painting instruction and gallery shows.

So... that's about it, I guess. If there's anything you'd like to know that I didn't mention, please feel free to ask.

Looking forward to getting to know you guys.
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Hi there! Empty Re: Hi there!

Post  Rickster July 6th 2010, 7:34 pm

Welcome Alee
    hvymtlcowboy
    hvymtlcowboy
    Alliance Member

Activity : 125

Post  hvymtlcowboy July 6th 2010, 9:33 pm

Well met!

I feel somewhat out classed here. All of you have been spouting out qualifications and accomplishments, and what can I say? (cricket noise in background) um I write. silent Nice to meet you, Alee. I look forward to working, and learning from you.
    Alee
    Alee
    Alliance Member

Post  Alee July 6th 2010, 11:27 pm

hvymtlcowboy wrote:Well met!

I feel somewhat out classed here. All of you have been spouting out qualifications and accomplishments, and what can I say? (cricket noise in background) um I write. silent Nice to meet you, Alee. I look forward to working, and learning from you.

Nice to meet you too, Steve! And no worries... that's what I was saying not too long ago. Everybody starts someplace, right?

Besides, you write. Don't say that like it's nothin'. ^_~
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter July 7th 2010, 1:36 am

Welcome, Alee!

So good to see you here! Wow, I knew you were a writer but had no idea you were so hardcore!

I don't know if you like fantasy, but I've recently become a big fan of Brent Weeks' "Night Angel Trilogy". Amazing stuff. Very dark, which is not everyone's thing. But if you dig it (like I do) you'll enjoy his stuff.

www.spiritblade.com
    Alee
    Alee
    Alliance Member

Post  Alee July 7th 2010, 12:19 pm

Paeter wrote:Welcome, Alee!

So good to see you here! Wow, I knew you were a writer but had no idea you were so hardcore!

Haha, hardcore? Are we talking about the same me here? And it's nice to see you too.

Paeter wrote:I don't know if you like fantasy, but I've recently become a big fan of Brent Weeks' "Night Angel Trilogy". Amazing stuff. Very dark, which is not everyone's thing. But if you dig it (like I do) you'll enjoy his stuff.

Fantasy? Dark? Oh, I am all kinds of in. ^_^ I'm gonna check if my library's got those books.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 15th 2024, 4:29 pm