Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

+2
Rickster
Aussie_Pilgrim
6 posters

G'day from down under

Aussie_Pilgrim
    Aussie_Pilgrim

Activity : 27
    Geek-Cred : 0

G'day from down under Empty G'day from down under

Post  Aussie_Pilgrim July 7th 2010, 12:11 am

Hi all! My name is Ben Bandiera AKA the Aussie_pilgrim.

I'm from Perth, Western Australia (rAnDoM facT: it's the most remote city on planet earth from any other city!), and I am a geeeeek! Ever since I saved up as a young lad with my brother to buy a sega mega drive and play endless hours of sonic the hedghog and Alex Kidd. *sigh* good times. I am now a married man with two awesome litte kids, Kairi and Noah. I work as a draftsperson for a achitectual design firm but am having a change to go into full time study towards a bachelors of theology next year to go and become a pastor. Scary and awesome all at the same time.

What else? I love drawing, playing guitar and long walks on the beach..... No just kidding, though we have lovely beaches here....have no idea how I found spiritblade, I got an iPod and just downloaded every podcast I could get my hands on, anything geeky and Christian went to the top of the list and somewhere in that blur I found peater doing his thing and have been a fan ever since! Anyways hope to get to know you better and chat ya around, feel free to ask me anything, trust me' I'm Aussie, were hard to offend! God bless!
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

G'day from down under Empty Re: G'day from down under

Post  Rickster July 7th 2010, 12:51 am

Welcome to the Forums
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter July 7th 2010, 1:29 am

Hey Ben!

You just came up today when my wife was doing financial stuff for Spirit Blade Productions. Looking at some Paypal records her eyes went wide and she said, "You have a listener in Australia??"

And I said, "Oh yeah, that's Ben!" (She was pretty impressed. And I felt very cool.)

Great to see you here!

www.spiritblade.com
    Aussie_Pilgrim
    Aussie_Pilgrim

Post  Aussie_Pilgrim July 7th 2010, 1:42 am

Your an international star paeter! Lol Like a Star @ heaven
    hvymtlcowboy
    hvymtlcowboy
    Alliance Member

Activity : 125

Post  hvymtlcowboy July 7th 2010, 7:06 am

Welcome!

I'm guessing your avatar is from Assassin's Creed? Did you do the art? It looks good.
    Aussie_Pilgrim
    Aussie_Pilgrim

Post  Aussie_Pilgrim July 7th 2010, 10:09 am

Hi CB. Yes assissins creed, but no sadly I did draw that. I've let my anime
    Sketching skills go out of practice for a few years now, I really should reignite that, and it's a bit if a tribute to my gaming pain at the moment, I finally managed to scrape some money together to get a pre-owned xbox, and my brother Lent me assassins creed 2 which I fell instantly in love with, got a couple hours of gameplay in when the thing red ringed and swallowed the game. Sad so now I own pretty white a brick. Yay
    hvymtlcowboy
    hvymtlcowboy
    Alliance Member

Activity : 125

Post  hvymtlcowboy July 7th 2010, 10:52 am

Bummer! Crying or Very sad On consoles I play a Playstation 2. I can't afford the new ones. My son bought a xbox 360, tho. So I can play the new stuff on special occasions. Rolling Eyes

I do some artwork in my 'spare time' lol! I like messing with Photoshop and doing some Digital Art. I don't have any formal training with the Digital stuff tho. If you get bored you can check it out here.

http://hvymtlcowboy.spaces.live.com
    Alee
    Alee
    Alliance Member

Activity : 16

Post  Alee July 7th 2010, 12:16 pm

Welcome, Ben! Very cool to see Spirit Blade's got some international fandom, haha. That sucks about your Xbox... is there any way you can get it fixed?

And Steve? That is some impressive art, man.
    Aussie_Pilgrim
    Aussie_Pilgrim

Post  Aussie_Pilgrim July 7th 2010, 12:41 pm

yer CB, i still cradle my PS2, if only so i can still play Kingdom Hearts from time to time. lol, and nice work on your page there. i actually did my studies in Graphic design way back before i did some time as a Sound Tech and them finally become a drafty, which i guess im still drawing everyday its just technical drawings, not very arty lol.

HI Alee, glad to be here. thought about getting xbox fixed, but theres that risk that it will fail again, then my costs in repairs would equal a new console, and with the new Elite that just showed up it should drop the current elites down in costs, and if i play my cards right with my birthday coming up next month i should be able to collect enough coins from pressies to just bite the bullet and get a new one......which will then trigger the inevitable announcement of the next line of new next gen consoles lol.
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster July 9th 2010, 6:35 pm

Paeter wrote:Hey Ben!

You just came up today when my wife was doing financial stuff for Spirit Blade Productions. Looking at some Paypal records her eyes went wide and she said, "You have a listener in Australia??"

And I said, "Oh yeah, that's Ben!" (She was pretty impressed. And I felt very cool.)

Great to see you here!

My college has a couple of radio stations and students can have their own radio show. So one day a student came in all excited cause he got some hate mail from England. He didn't care that they hated his show he was excited cause they were listening to his show in other countries
    ProfessorAlan
    ProfessorAlan

Activity : 115
    Geek-Cred : 3

Post  ProfessorAlan July 10th 2010, 12:28 pm

hello & welcome!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 15th 2024, 2:22 am