Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

Reviewer For "Cabin In The Woods"?

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Reviewer For "Cabin In The Woods"? Empty Reviewer For "Cabin In The Woods"?

Post  Paeter April 10th 2012, 11:34 pm

Anyone interested in writing or recording a review of The Cabin In The Woods for the podcast? I will not be seeing it this weekend.

www.spiritblade.com
    Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

Reviewer For "Cabin In The Woods"? Empty Re: Reviewer For "Cabin In The Woods"?

Post  Drew.Rub April 11th 2012, 9:10 am

Sounds like it would be fun, but won't have the opportunity myself. Sorry.
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Post  DNArington April 12th 2012, 12:41 am

I'm not going to be seeing it (not a big fan of horror.) Sorry.

I was wondering if you are going to see Lockout which is also coming out this weekend? I probably won't see it till it comes out on DVD but it peeked my interest. It could be a creepy, maybe somewhat comedic, action packed, good time, so I'm looking forward to it.

Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

Post  Drew.Rub April 12th 2012, 8:13 am

Okay, I want to see it. Pretty sure it'll be hard on the ears, but it could be good escapist (no pun intended) fun. Escape from New York/LA in space. did the Prez call Snake first?
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter April 13th 2012, 11:49 pm

I did consider seeing this one, but saw a different trailer focusing on the protagonist as a wise-cracking macho type... and the jokes all fell awkwardly flat to me. The few jokes in this trailer are cut shorter and work better, but my guess is the film will have the same awkward deliveries I saw in the european trailer.

That combined with it not being high profile meant it wasn't a priority for me to review right now, but I will definitely check it out on home video. So if anyone wants to review Lockout for the podcast, I'd love to use it!

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster April 17th 2012, 10:09 pm

Paeter wrote:I did consider seeing this one, but saw a different trailer focusing on the protagonist as a wise-cracking macho type... and the jokes all fell awkwardly flat to me.
    Yeah the movie is pretty much one bad joke after another. I honestly don't think Snow had one serious line in the whole movie and the effects oh boy. There was a case scene close to the begining of movie and I had two thoughts as I watched it. Those effects look like something from a video game and Paeter would hate it.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter April 17th 2012, 10:30 pm

Rickster wrote:
    Paeter wrote:I did consider seeing this one, but saw a different trailer focusing on the protagonist as a wise-cracking macho type... and the jokes all fell awkwardly flat to me.
    Yeah the movie is pretty much one bad joke after another. I honestly don't think Snow had one serious line in the whole movie and the effects oh boy. There was a case scene close to the begining of movie and I had two thoughts as I watched it. Those effects look like something from a video game and Paeter would hate it.

If you feel like doing a review I'd love to use it! And if you write it out and give it a 1-10 Quality and Relevance score I may also publish it on the blog and review archives!

BTW, that offer stands for anybody, for any sci-fi/fantasy/horror flick/game/book/etc, anytime. I'm going to create a formalized "submissions" page somewhere on the blog, hopefully soon. But the basics will be that I'd love to get any and all submissions for consideration for the podcast, and reviews that use my established scoring system may also be published to the blog and review archives, cementing your status as an official Spirit Blade Underground contributor!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 27th 2024, 4:35 pm