Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

+2
DNArington
Paeter
6 posters

Need Reviews For: Battleship, Men In Black 3, Snow White And The Huntsmen

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Need Reviews For: Battleship, Men In Black 3, Snow White And The Huntsmen Empty Need Reviews For: Battleship, Men In Black 3, Snow White And The Huntsmen

Post  Paeter May 13th 2012, 10:13 am

I'm doing some recording and traveling over the next few weeks and will not be able to review a few movies. (Okay, I admit, I really just don't want to sit through the very "Transformers-looking" Battleship.)

So I'd be interested in getting reviews for a few upcoming movies that I can use on the podcast. You can record them yourself and send them to me, or write a review that I can read on the show. You can use whatever scoring system you'd like. However if you choose to use the Quality/Relevance score I normally use(spiritblade.net/reviewscores), and submit your review in written form, it will have a permanent home on the Spirit Blade Underground blog in the review archives!

The movies I'm looking for reviews for include:

Battleship, May 18th
    Men In Black 3, May 25th
    Snow White And The Huntsmen, June 1st

Any takers?

www.spiritblade.com
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Need Reviews For: Battleship, Men In Black 3, Snow White And The Huntsmen Empty Re: Need Reviews For: Battleship, Men In Black 3, Snow White And The Huntsmen

Post  DNArington May 13th 2012, 3:11 pm

Paeter wrote:
    Battleship, May 18th
    Men In Black 3, May 25th
    Snow White And The Huntsmen, June 1st

Any takers?

Honestly I want to see all of them but probably not in theaters. I'm waiting for The Amazing Spider-Man! Sorry Neutral
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Need Reviews For: Battleship, Men In Black 3, Snow White And The Huntsmen Empty Re: Need Reviews For: Battleship, Men In Black 3, Snow White And The Huntsmen

Post  Rickster May 14th 2012, 7:49 pm

Darn I was looking forward to playing Predict Paeter's Quality Review Score for Battleship (I was going to guess 7.0 which I think would be a generous guess since I know how much you've loved all of the other Hasbro movies)
    mindspike
    mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 1035
    Geek-Cred : 39

Post  mindspike May 15th 2012, 7:49 pm

I'll do Battleship. I was planning to sneak out to see the first show on Friday anyway. Now, I can claim it's for the Greater Good.

Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter May 16th 2012, 8:30 pm

mindspike wrote:I'll do Battleship. I was planning to sneak out to see the first show on Friday anyway. Now, I can claim it's for the Greater Good.

Woohoo! Thanks so much!! If you happen to get it to me by 7pm MST I'll use it on the show. Otherwise I'll put it on next week's ep.

If you submit in text (either by itself or in addition to an audio file of your own), consider using the Quality/Relevance scales so I can put it in the review Archives with a link to whatever you want to plug. Either way, let me know something of yours I can plug with the segment on the show, or feel free to just plug it yourself if you send me an audio file.

Thanks again!

www.spiritblade.com
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter May 18th 2012, 10:27 pm

Still need reviewers for MIB3 and Snow White and the Huntsmen. Any takers?

www.spiritblade.com
    BenAvery
    BenAvery

Activity : 322

Post  BenAvery May 19th 2012, 4:08 pm

I'd be willing to help out with either of those...

~ Ben
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter May 20th 2012, 12:25 am

Thanks, Ben! Take your pick or flip a coin. Either would be great to get your review on!

www.spiritblade.com
    BenAvery
    BenAvery

Post  BenAvery May 22nd 2012, 5:41 pm

Okay, I'd like to do Snow White and the Huntsmen . . .

However, if it comes down to the wire and you don't have anyone for MIB 3, I may be down for that.

But I think Snow White and the Hunstman looks pretty cool. (And right along the lines of one of my comic book series from a few years ago!)

~ Ben
    Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

Post  Drew.Rub May 29th 2012, 10:10 pm

Stang, Ben, you beat me to pickin up SW&TH review. I'm sure you're better at it than I, but my wife and I intend on seeing it Saturday morning of opening weekend. Would love to compare notes.
    BenAvery
    BenAvery

Post  BenAvery May 31st 2012, 11:58 pm

Drew.Rub wrote:Stang, Ben, you beat me to pickin up SW&TH review. I'm sure you're better at it than I, but my wife and I intend on seeing it Saturday morning of opening weekend. Would love to compare notes.

Hey, man, I've found myself with a sick house -- one of my daughters and my wife -- so i don't know when or if I'm going to see the movie. So go for it.
    Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

Post  Drew.Rub June 1st 2012, 6:45 am

BenAvery wrote:
    Hey, man, I've found myself with a sick house -- one of my daughters and my wife -- so i don't know when or if I'm going to see the movie. So go for it.

I hope the family gets well. I tend to try to watch movies with the eyes of a middle schooler (since that's the age group of kids I work with at church), so hopefully a review will be worthwhile.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 17th 2024, 1:39 am