Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Justice Leauge Movie

DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Justice Leauge Movie Empty Justice Leauge Movie

Post  DNArington June 6th 2012, 3:32 pm

With the sucses of the Avengers, DC Comics is once agian trying to get a JL movie off the ground. I'm really hopping this works out. While I like the Avengers better (I'm a Marvel Guy), a Justice Leauge would be totally amazing! Hopefully they will take a similar approach to JL as Marvel did with the Avengers; creating orgin movies then lead them all into the Justice Leauge. 

Here is the order I think they should release the movies if they are going to have the same characters in the current series:

Man of Steel (2013) <--that one is happening

Wonder Woman (2014)
    Green Lantern 2 (2014) <-- make this one a reboot/sequel (like G.I. Joe 2) because everyone seemed to hate on the first one so much (though I liked it)

The Flash (2015)
    Aquaman (2015) <-- gotta' make Aquaman after they have proved they can make good movies so that people won't just laugh it off

Batman (2016) <-- Make this Batman as far away from the Nolan  as possible so that more people will see it
    Batman/Superman (2016) <-- how awesome would that movie be?

Justice League (2017) <-- throw all the heroes together and have them fight Darkside. Perhaps introducing him in the Batman/Superman movie. They fight him, lose, then comes Justice League. They can introduce cyborg in this movie maybe and they should bring the Green Arrow from the new TV show in too, useing the same actor and everything.

Anyway, here are the links:

JL: http://screenrant.com/justice-league-movie-writer-kofi-177228/

Wonder Woman: http://screenrant.com/wonder-woman-movie-writer-sandy-177300/

What do you all think?
    DNArington
    DNArington

Justice Leauge Movie Empty Re: Justice Leauge Movie

Post  DNArington June 7th 2012, 1:25 pm

One more link,

‘Kick-Ass’ Creator Mark Millar Describes ‘Justice League’ Script: http://screenrant.com/kickass-creator-mark-millar-talks-justice-league-script-kofi-177661/
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter June 8th 2012, 6:28 pm

I agree with several of the statements made. A Justice League movie (and all other DC flicks) should not be a studio driven affair, but rather projects developed by people who come to the table already as fans of the characters and desiring to make a great film, not just "a superhero movie".

I also liked the observations about the natural differences between a JL movie and an Avengers movie, given the source material. A JL movie probably wouldn't have as much humor as The Avengers flick, and I actually think that would be great, despite most of the humor in The Avengers working well.

In general, DC's characters are more powerful than marvel characters, and that level of power should result in a different feeling story.

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster June 18th 2012, 12:00 am

I read that DC and Warner Bros. might do the reverse of what Marvel did with the Avengers and start out with a justice League movie and introduce a bunch of characters then give them each their own spin off movie. which I could see the good and bad to the idea.

the Good
    1) They can get a justice league movie out faster and milk the sucess of The Avengers

2) It'll not look like they are trying to copy what Marvel did and make they own path

The Bad
    1) Not setting up the characters before hand would mean taking more time to introduce them in the JL movie which would make the movie slow and/or long

2) It'll look more like a Avengers rip off if they rush into it. (yes I know that is the opposite of the 2nd point in the good and I guess that means it's really a catch 22 there.)
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter June 18th 2012, 10:43 pm

Rickster wrote:
    The Bad
    1) Not setting up the characters before hand would mean taking more time to introduce them in the JL movie which would make the movie slow and/or long

I think doing a JL movie first would destroy both that movie and the public interest in spin-offs. Avengers, and team books in comics from which these ideas come, work because the characters have been established elsewhere already. The novelty of a team book is seeing how all of these different, fully developed characters, interact when you put them in a room together.

Hopefully Geoff Johns, as creative liason for DC, will be able to convey the importance of character to any moronic, money-grubbing studio suits who want to do the JL movie first. Yikes.

Last edited by WhiteBoy on June 19th 2012, 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixing quote)

www.spiritblade.com

Post  Guest June 19th 2012, 2:02 am

Paeter wrote:Hopefully Geoff Johns, as creative liason for DC, will be able to convey the importance of character to any moronic, money-grubbing studio suits who want to do the JL movie first. Yikes.

Ouch. I know there's a whole wide world of disappointments to back up the cynicism, and it's unfortunate that the bottom line that influences the "artistic development" is making money. Yet, these fan-ish projects are getting the attention of some of those execs who are fans themselves, even if they influence the creative process in ways that we may not like, we don't know what the circumstances are behind the scenes. I can easily see an exec encouraging a story revision that compromises the original material's continuity in order to maximize audience appeal, against that exec's own personal desire as a fan. There could be many variations on a sympathetic set of circumstances; pile a bunch of them up and you can occasionally get from point A to a very unexpected/disappointing point Z. Sometimes, there's the happy circumstance of getting to a point C that has vitality and quality innovation. Should Iron Man have stayed to it's "pure" roots and shown Tony Stark trying to escape Vietnam, and combat Mandarin, a magic-using opponent? Aerospace engineers will tell you that the Iron Man movie's tight focus resonated with how the technology they help develop is used in the world and how emotionally charged a concern it can be for a technological innovator. Would Mandarin have diluted the point? Obadiah Stane's machinations maintain thematic focus very clearly.

I remember reading somewhere a very accomplished director speaking of a film that had a rocky development, and he had to fight tooth and nail for "artistic integrity." At the end of the day, while acknowledging the behind-the-camera strife, he expressed gratitude to the same movie studio he fought with, who took the risk on his film and artistic vision with their money. A risk they were under no obligations to take on. And which has no guarantees for a successful turn around. How could Transformers: Dark of the Moon have such a big opening after the disappointment of Revenge of the Fallen? Why did Battleship not succeed, when it's equated to being along the lines of that kind of Michael Bay film? Are the execs being reasonably spooked as they are about GI Joe Retaliation? Lord of the Rings could have utterly destroyed New Line Cinema. Titanic was a fearful menace that threatened to sink a lot of ships.

Yes, the bottom line is about making money. And there totally are the execs that are utterly calculating. But unless we're prepared to pre-pay money on a movie ticket 2 or 3 years in advance so the movie can be made from those funds, it's on the goodwill of the movie studios to put forward the money and risk their jobs, their workplace, their livelihood, on a production that can never, ever be a sure thing. No matter what the past track record is. On the surface level, the success of The Avengers might well suggest that JLA is a good idea to pursue. Will we perceive it to be moronical of the studio execs to commission JLA because it looks like an easy bangwagon opportunity, or will we consider them moronical to play it safe and keep doing Batman and Superman individually? A lose-lose situation for them; if they invest their money we win the hope of good movie (yet, good or bad, always in the wake of endless purist complaints). They've test-piloted Green Lantern, they're giving Superman a second (third?) flight, they ditched Wonder Woman a few years ago. The Batman films are working great, but those movies operate on a philosophy of keeping things grounded; and they show Batman working just great as a solo character. Martian Manhunter is out of this world, comparatively speaking. Barry Allen hasn't had a run at the silver screen, and we don't know if Aquaman will keep his head above water in the cinema. I guess we'll see what kind of ideas emerge, if any.
    DNArington
    DNArington

Post  DNArington November 4th 2012, 6:00 pm

It looks like a Justice League movie IS happening and there won't be any solo movies, unless Man of Steel ties in, but it was originally not supposed to. It will be competing with The Avengers 2 in 2015.

http://screenrant.com/justice-league-movie-release-date-2015/
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter November 5th 2012, 10:22 pm

I was surprised at how screenrant was able to make a case for the "team movie first" approach. The "single creative vision" argument is a good one.

Imagine if the Marvel movies hadn't had the missteps of Incredible Hulk or Iron Man 2? The Avengers was an amazing unification of those franchises, but the entirety of Phase 1 could have been even more smoothly woven together. DC may have a chance to do that. Of course, that puts a LOT of pressure on a VERY small number of creative people, and DC/WB has made the mistake of letting too many cooks in the kitchen in previous DC flicks, so this scenario really depends on them learning their lesson from previous mistakes.

They'll need the right 1 or 2 people, and then they'll need to get out of their way. Miss the mark on either count, and disaster or at leas mediocrity results.

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 15th 2024, 3:48 pm