Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Hail and Greetings

Rohelf
    Rohelf

Activity : 142
    Geek-Cred : 0

Hail and Greetings Empty Hail and Greetings

Post  Rohelf July 8th 2010, 10:41 am

Hello, all. I'm a librarian by day, geek by... well, whenever I can get away with it. My primary fandom is Tolkien, but I enjoy lots of different fantasy and sci-fi. I met Paeter online when he was first publicizing Dark Ritual, and got hooked on his work, too.

I'm also a big crafter. I mostly do knitting, simple sewing, and chain mail, but I dabble in lots of other media. I got into it because I couldn't find ready-made costuming to my taste and budget, so I taught myself to make my own. And now I'm slowly redecorating my house to suit its strange new occupant (think 21st century meets 3rd Age... Smile ).

Oh, and if you see a fellow named Dunadwarf floating around here (although probably not much at the moment, it's his busy season), that is my boyfriend. Don't encourage his bad puns and penchant for TMI. Rolling Eyes Also, fellow she-geeks, I saw him first, and I have sharp things. Wink

P.S. For the curious, the screennames come from a long-running joke Dunadwarf and I have with each other. He thinks I'm about what you would get if you mixed a shieldmaiden and an elf, I think he's rather like a cross between a ranger and a dwarf.
    hvymtlcowboy
    hvymtlcowboy
    Alliance Member

Activity : 125

Hail and Greetings Empty Re: Hail and Greetings

Post  hvymtlcowboy July 8th 2010, 10:48 am

Well met!

It is good to know that the historical texts of this reality are protected by one as diverse and resourceful as thyself! I look forward to sharing the digital world with thee! We shall work together to open those minds that are closed and spread the news that the art of audio drama endures!
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter July 8th 2010, 2:10 pm

Great to have you here, Rohelf!

LOVE the avatar! Is that a real street sign somewhere? I have to go visit!

www.spiritblade.com
    Rohelf
    Rohelf

Activity : 142

Post  Rohelf July 9th 2010, 6:09 pm

Alas, no, the sign is a photoshop, but it's always made me laugh, too!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 14th 2024, 9:42 pm