Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

Moral to spoil?

DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Moral to spoil? Empty Moral to spoil?

Post  DNArington July 3rd 2012, 7:01 pm

Sigh... No

‘PROMETHEUS’ SPOILED BY THEATER EMPLOYEE WHO CLAIMED IT WAS A MORAL OBLIGATION http://screencrush.com/prometheus-spoiler-theater/
    ComiKate
    ComiKate

Activity : 410
    Geek-Cred : 21

Moral to spoil? Empty Re: Moral to spoil?

Post  ComiKate July 14th 2012, 6:39 am

That is super annoying!
    Double sigh!

Spoiler comment:
    What, was she supposed to first let herself be eaten from the inside by an alien parasite which would then have destroyed her completely when it was time to "hatch"?!

That is sooooo not the same thing as an abortion!!

Last edited by ComiKate on July 14th 2012, 6:49 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Trying to find a suitable hexadecimal color code for the spoiler part of the message)
    PhoenixFire
    PhoenixFire

Activity : 84
    Geek-Cred : 3

Post  PhoenixFire July 14th 2012, 10:29 am

Ugh! I hate it when that happens! Evil or Very Mad

One thing in the article caught my eye:

Regardless of your personal beliefs, I think we can all agree on a couple of things:
    1.‘Prometheus’ is in no way a film that is or should be used as a platform for anyone’s personal or political beliefs...

I haven't seen the movie yet, But isn't every movie a platform for someone’s personal or political beliefs? Especially a movie who's previews talked about discovering where we as a species came from.
    Nathan James Norman
    Nathan James Norman
    Alliance Member

Activity : 805
    Geek-Cred : 47

Post  Nathan James Norman July 14th 2012, 12:38 pm

PhoenixFire wrote:Ugh! I hate it when that happens! Evil or Very Mad

One thing in the article caught my eye:

Regardless of your personal beliefs, I think we can all agree on a couple of things:
    1.‘Prometheus’ is in no way a film that is or should be used as a platform for anyone’s personal or political beliefs...

I haven't seen the movie yet, But isn't every movie a platform for someone’s personal or political beliefs? Especially a movie who's previews talked about discovering where we as a species came from.

Well put Phoenix Fire! Every story is trying to teach us something. From the micro--story of the commercials (buy our products!) to every film ever made -- to the Bible itself (3/4 narrative literature!).

I think it was Plato who said, "The one who controls the story controls the culture."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 29th 2024, 12:16 am