Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

5 posters

Doctor Who Season 7

DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Doctor Who Season 7  Empty Doctor Who Season 7

Post  DNArington July 3rd 2012, 9:39 pm

For those into Dr. Who here is some news and tidbits about the upcoming season:

http://screenrant.com/doctor-who-season-7-premiere-daleks-scott-183735/
    tmorrill
    tmorrill

Activity : 405
    Geek-Cred : 20

Doctor Who Season 7  Empty Re: Doctor Who Season 7

Post  tmorrill July 4th 2012, 1:24 am

Okay, I was excited for season 7, now I'm super excited! I'm especially curious how he's going to have an even scarier villain. The ones from the last season successfully creeper me out. Even more than the Borg did when I was a kid.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter July 5th 2012, 4:36 pm

Oooh. Dr. Who getting creepier? I might have to finally give the show another shot!

www.spiritblade.com
    tmorrill
    tmorrill

Post  tmorrill July 6th 2012, 10:47 am

Paeter wrote:Oooh. Dr. Who getting creepier? I might have to finally give the show another shot!

Have you seen the episodes with the weeping angels? Or the uh.... Listeners I think they were called in the latest season? I think both of those were plenty creepy.

Edit: Not the Listeners... they were called The Silence.
    Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

Post  Drew.Rub July 6th 2012, 3:08 pm

I'm so disappointed knowing Season 7 is coming out, simply because I gave up my digital cable, and just have basic at the moment. So, no Dr. Who for me unless I bump my service back up before airdate.

The Weeping Angels (ep Blink) are by far the creepiest of the villans, IMHO. By far creepier than the Silence.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter July 6th 2012, 4:00 pm

Drew.Rub wrote:I'm so disappointed knowing Season 7 is coming out, simply because I gave up my digital cable, and just have basic at the moment. So, no Dr. Who for me unless I bump my service back up before airdate.

Don't give in! You can wait and probably BUY season 7 for far less than the cost of having cable to watch it. I'm doing that with The Walking Dead. Thought it would be really tough, cuz I LOVE that show, but six months in and I'm doing just fine and geeking out on other things in the meantime. Plus no commercials!

www.spiritblade.com

Post  Guest July 6th 2012, 8:10 pm

Speaking from the perspective of a hard-core DW fan in the U.S., I have settled into a pattern for the series, given that it's always just out of reach in whatever circumstances I'm in (Either I don't have cable, or I don't have access to the right channels that it's showing on). I don't waste time anymore. I just wait...a year, maybe more sometimes...until it comes out on DVD. I'm not going to scramble around trying to get the right channel, or set up something online, or try and scrounge downloaded and copied episodes from other die-hard fans. And I'm not going to spend even small amounts of money on convenient media venues such as amazon.com, no matter how cheap and convenient, because in the end even those small amounts of money can be saved for later when it's time to get the DVD set, after which the new season can be watched endlessly, well out of shouting distance from erratic availability conditions.

I do this, while laughing at all the new DW fans, who must have their fix when the new season comes out; as a fan who was fanatically in dark ages when people only knew about DW as a weird guy in a long scarf. I can easily wait for the new season on DVD, since there are several hundred original DW stories in novels, comics, anthologies, new Big Finish audio-dramas starring actors from the classic show, ect. The adventures of the Seventh and Eighth Doctors are in one sense still ongoing for me. That's not even counting the spin-offs: Faction Paradox, Iris Wildtyme, Bernice Summerfield, Torchwood, City of the Saved, Sarah Jane. There's a whole universe of space and time at this point to keep me busy during the interminable wait between the new DW series.

Post  Guest July 6th 2012, 8:20 pm

tmorrill wrote:Not the Listeners... they were called The Silence.

You might be cross-pollinating the name of the Smilers from The Beast Below with those omni-present subconscious wraith-creatures from beneath the surface of human history...

Silence must fall, when the question is asked; the first question, the oldest question in the universe...hidden in plain sight. Don't say it. Or the Silence will come for you.

Paeter wrote:Oooh. Dr. Who getting creepier? I might have to finally give the show another shot!

Meh, I don't think it would resonate. It still has the moments of goofiness (or moments of humor taken a little far) that I don't think you're keen on. Razz Laughing
    tmorrill
    tmorrill

Post  tmorrill July 7th 2012, 1:05 pm

Drew.Rub wrote:I'm so disappointed knowing Season 7 is coming out, simply because I gave up my digital cable, and just have basic at the moment. So, no Dr. Who for me unless I bump my service back up before airdate.

The Weeping Angels (ep Blink) are by far the creepiest of the villans, IMHO. By far creepier than the Silence.

The Silence creep me out a bit more because if you take them to their logical extent every single episode set on Earth could potentially have the Silence there manipulating events.

The Weeping Angels make better visual creepiness though, I'll give you that.
    DNArington
    DNArington

Post  DNArington July 9th 2012, 5:09 pm

Drew.Rub wrote:. The Weeping Angels (ep Blink) are by far the creepiest of the villans, IMHO. By far creepier than the Silence.

Blink is hands down the best Dr. Who episode I've ever seen! The weeping angels are very cool/creepy (not scary, but DW is never scary IMO). The two parter with the weeping angels is fun but not as good as the first one.
    BenAvery
    BenAvery

Activity : 322
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  BenAvery July 10th 2012, 11:07 pm

Netflix is how I got my fix!

I was able to watch series 1-5 all in a row, on my own time. I had to wait for season 6, because that was being aired when I was gobbling up the others, so there was a gap there. And one or two of the movie length specials were not on Netflix. Loved it!

The only bad thing that happened was the last Torchwood mini-series disappeared from Netflix just when I was ready for it, so I still haven't seen Miracle Day (the one where people stop dying). And I really wish Sarah Jane Chronicles was on Netflix, just because I'm interested in seeing it.

~ Ben
    DNArington
    DNArington

Post  DNArington July 11th 2012, 1:15 am

BenAvery wrote: And I really wish Sarah Jane Chronicles was on Netflix, just because I'm interested in seeing it.

I just Googled that because I've never heard of it before, but that sound like or could be fun also!
    Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Post  Drew.Rub July 12th 2012, 10:59 pm

SJC was basically Dr. Who for kids. Not bad, but not great imho.

Tw:MD was by far the best Torchwood season ever!!! Great arc, great acting, fantastic musical score, and best of all, NO RAMPANT SEX! (Expect for a few minutes of episode 3). But a very very good season.
    tmorrill
    tmorrill

Post  tmorrill September 2nd 2012, 1:51 am

Okay, THAT. WAS. AWESOME.

Who else saw the premier and what where your thoughts?
    Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Post  Drew.Rub September 2nd 2012, 5:48 pm

Please, I beg you, NO SPOILERS!!!!!!!!

I no longer have access to BBC America, and am a huge Dr. Who fan, so I don't want to know anything about this season until I can see it!
    tmorrill
    tmorrill

Post  tmorrill September 3rd 2012, 3:07 pm

If you've got Amazon Prime it's free through Amazon Instant.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 15th 2024, 1:52 am