Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

Marvel Movie Universe a Gamechanger?

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Marvel Movie Universe a Gamechanger? Empty Marvel Movie Universe a Gamechanger?

Post  Rickster July 6th 2012, 4:47 pm

I remember seeing an article talking about how a Venom movie is in the works and they're planning making it in the same world as the Amazing Spider-man Like Marvel did with they're movie universe. Do you think every comic book movie will soon follow this trend? And if they do do you think that will put an end to doing a reboot every 3 movies?
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Marvel Movie Universe a Gamechanger? Empty Re: Marvel Movie Universe a Gamechanger?

Post  Paeter July 9th 2012, 11:09 pm

I think superhero flicks will always be among the most likely candidates for reboots or at least soft reboots, like the repeated re-casting of James Bond (although the Daniel Craig re-cast was more of a full-fledged reboot). The reason is that these character don't really age in their native medium of comic books. There stories go on for years, evolving and changing, while the characters' ages usually stand still.

The only way I can see to emulate this in live action on the screen is to do a weekly TV show (which will STILL be limited by aging actors, as in Smallville) or to do movie franchises where the roles are re-cast every 3-5 movies.

www.spiritblade.com
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Marvel Movie Universe a Gamechanger? Empty Re: Marvel Movie Universe a Gamechanger?

Post  DNArington November 4th 2012, 6:04 pm

It would appear that it was a game changer. Even 20th Centery Fox is creating a shared universe.

http://screenrant.com/x-men-fantastic-four-shared-film-universe/
    Dreamerhorwitz
    Dreamerhorwitz

Activity : 77
    Geek-Cred : 4

Post  Dreamerhorwitz November 4th 2012, 10:42 pm

I think it won't change anything, in the long run.
    Keepin continuity in check is a big job and the fans will keep extra-close attention to what happens. If anything, it will make things more tedious instead of move everything forward.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 15th 2024, 8:00 pm