Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

Robocop reboot

DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Robocop reboot Empty Robocop reboot

Post  DNArington July 9th 2012, 5:24 pm

The marketing campaign for the reboot of Robocop has begun and it looks pretty cool! It's not a trailer; it's more like a commercial (if that makes any sense.)
    http://screenrant.com/robocop-reboot-viral-ed-209-image-sandy-185813/

I can't wait to see more!
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Robocop reboot Empty Re: Robocop reboot

Post  Rickster July 9th 2012, 6:44 pm

I've never seen a robocop movie I'll have to rent them one of grew None of these days

Post  Guest July 9th 2012, 7:05 pm

Ooooh, the very best products for any city's "urban pacification" needs! Providing expanding markets for U.S. military defense contractors into crime-ridden civilian population centers!

Story-wise, there's so much new material they can play with here, and not just from a privatizing/corporate perspective. They can play with the dividing line between international justice and terrorism and it's place in law/law enforcement operations. I almost want to claim the RC-2000 program for Arizona, which has (and continues to have) a fascinating labyrinth of political power plays between local versus local political actors (with both sides on dubious ground) and the interplay of these conflicts came into conflict with federal politics and law enforcement (also featuring both sides coming from controversial standpoints). Would the RC-2000 deal with all the problems, from illegal immigration to the complications of county, state and federal levels of law enforcement administration?

I'm not advocating any political viewpoints here, just saying that there's good story material to tap into here.
    Spoiler:
    It would take an amazingly worked out story to up the ante to include that original core and what I'm throwing into the mix.

OTOH, that might make things too cluttered. Little room would be left for a cybernetic organism to have a right proper existential crisis.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter July 9th 2012, 10:46 pm

Desert Kris wrote: It would take an amazingly worked out story to up the ante to include that original core and what I'm throwing into the mix.

OTOH, that might make things too cluttered. Little room would be left for a cybernetic organism to have a right proper existential crisis.

And even less room for toxic mutant thug heads flying off and hands getting blown to bits by shotguns.

www.spiritblade.com

Post  Guest July 11th 2012, 9:21 am

Paeter wrote:
    Desert Kris wrote: It would take an amazingly worked out story to up the ante to include that original core and what I'm throwing into the mix.

And even less room for toxic mutant thug heads flying off and hands getting blown to bits by shotguns.

Yuck. Ick.

I will concede that the amazing toxic waste melting man is iconic, and got incredible feedback from test audiences. So. The Melting man should have space in the remake.

I'm flexible about the hands, even if we lose a good one-liner (that kind of humor is too dark for me, especially on the wrong day). I want the Cobra Assault Cannons, for preference. A joyful celebration of wanton, explosive destruction and demolition. "No car is safe!" Way more fun.
    ComiKate
    ComiKate

Activity : 410
    Geek-Cred : 21

Post  ComiKate July 12th 2012, 5:35 pm

That is such an eerily realistic trailer, especially as chances of people getting shot/executed by a UAV (or "drone") seem to be increasing in IRL...

For instance:

So, I am soooo going to watch this new Robocop movie!
    And shiver.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 28th 2024, 6:37 pm