Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

+4
DNArington
PhoenixFire
tmorrill
David N. Alderman
8 posters

Just Now Joining The Underground!

David N. Alderman
    David N. Alderman

Activity : 67
    Geek-Cred : 3

Just Now Joining The Underground! Empty Just Now Joining The Underground!

Post  David N. Alderman July 17th 2012, 12:17 am

I just wanted to drop in and introduce myself, seeing how I finally got around to joining the Spirit Blade Underground.

For starters, I've known Paeter for quite a few years now. We actually live in the same state and used to attend the same church. Actually, a discussion I had with him during a podcast interview the other day inspired me to step out of my shell and start making the rounds to get my face out into the public a little more.

To give you all a brief idea of what I do: I am a writer of edgy Christian speculative fiction. Pretty much science fiction/fantasy/horror with Christian themes sprinkled throughout. My Black Earth series came out of a need to provide great fiction that embodied Christian themes but wasn't 'corny'. Christian fiction with sexual content, violence, and characters who struggle with reality. I know this type of work might not sit well with some Christians, but this is what I know I am called to write, so I write it.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to meeting you all and digging my heels into the great community here! Very Happy
    tmorrill
    tmorrill

Activity : 405
    Geek-Cred : 20

Just Now Joining The Underground! Empty Re: Just Now Joining The Underground!

Post  tmorrill July 17th 2012, 12:39 am

Welcome to the forums!
    PhoenixFire
    PhoenixFire

Activity : 84

Post  PhoenixFire July 17th 2012, 9:10 am

Yes! Welcome to the forums!

I'm glad you're holding fast to your convictions and writing, not what you're fellow man thinks you should, what you feel God wants you to!
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Post  DNArington July 17th 2012, 9:58 am

Welcome! Once you can post links you should link us to the place were we can buy your book. From what you just said i would defiantly be interested!
    WhiteBoy
    WhiteBoy

Activity : 855
    Geek-Cred : 12

Post  WhiteBoy July 17th 2012, 12:18 pm

Hey, David. Thanks for joining the community, and welcome! There's not an audiobook version of your work by chance, is there? (Sorry, I'm not much of a reader.)

Post  David N. Alderman July 17th 2012, 12:28 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Whiteboy, there are not audio versions of my books yet, but I plan to have them in the future. And DNArington, my website is simply my name with the .com at the end. Davidnalderman.com. I tried to put links in and then got the heads up about the 7 day period, which I totally understand.

Last edited by WhiteBoy on July 17th 2012, 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added the link...esp since it was asked for :))
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter July 17th 2012, 2:38 pm

Welcome David! (And thanks for adding that link Whiteboy.)

For those interested, David has been on the podcast twice before and we just recorded a third interview that I'll be airing sometime in the coming weeks!

Nathan Norman has also reviewed his latest book and I'll be posting that at some point as well.

Good to see you here, David!

www.spiritblade.com
    UKSteve
    UKSteve

Activity : 354
    Geek-Cred : 10

Post  UKSteve July 18th 2012, 7:14 pm

David N. Alderman wrote:Christian fiction with sexual content, violence, and characters who struggle with reality. I know this type of work might not sit well with some Christians, but this is what I know I am called to write, so I write it.
    Sits pretty well with me! Sounds like the sort of thing I try to write in fact Smile

Nice to have you on board anyway Smile

David N. Alderman
    David N. Alderman

Post  David N. Alderman July 24th 2012, 5:49 pm

UKSteve,did you participate in NaNoWriMo last year?
    UKSteve
    UKSteve

Activity : 354
    Geek-Cred : 10

Post  UKSteve July 25th 2012, 2:18 am

David N. Alderman wrote:UKSteve,did you participate in NaNoWriMo last year?
    Yep, I'm a four times winner now bounce It seems to be about the only time I can manage to finish a first draft of anything...
    David N. Alderman
    David N. Alderman

Post  David N. Alderman July 25th 2012, 2:31 am

Nice! 2011 was my 7th year participating (and winning). I use NaNo to draft the majority of my novels. Glad to meet another participant. Very Happy
    Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

Post  Drew.Rub July 27th 2012, 7:23 pm

Welcome, David. I'm looking forward to checking out your books.
    David N. Alderman
    David N. Alderman

Post  David N. Alderman July 28th 2012, 12:51 pm

Nice to meet you, Drew.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 28th 2024, 9:01 pm