Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

Kronos audiobook

DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Kronos audiobook Empty Kronos audiobook

Post  DNArington July 31st 2012, 11:29 pm

Hello ya'll, I wanted to let you all know about this awesome sci/fi audiobook on podiobooks.com called Kronos. I absolutely love this book! It is an exciting, very well crafted monster story, and the guy who reads it is great at distinguishing voices and getting you "in the mood of the moment." There is a LOT to talk about after reading this story, most of which contain spoilers, so I won't say them here. I may go in depth into this story on my podcast sometime, because there is a lot I could talk about in here, and also because it is just a very well made story.

I should warn you though: There are two almost rape scenes. They both get stopped before it goes very far, though it can be pretty intense/disturbing. There is also some harsh language, though not a whole lot, and violence.

I suppose this could be a summer of free thing but Paeter already mentioned podiobooks.com on the podcast.

Here is a link to the site: http://www.podiobooks.com/title/kronos

Here is what podiobooks says about it:

Kronos
    by Jeremy Robinson
    Science Fiction

Two years after his wife's death, oceanographer and former navy SEAL, Atticus Young, attempts to reconcile with his rebellious daughter, Giona, by taking her on the scuba dive of a lifetime-swimming with a pod of peaceful humpback whales in the Gulf of Maine. But the beauty of the sea belies a terror from the deep-a horrific creature as immense as it is ancient. There is no blood, no scream, no fight. Giona is swallowed whole by the massive jaws. Only Atticus remains to suffer the shame of the survivor and his inconsolable grief turns to an unquenchable thirst for revenge.

Current date/time is April 28th 2024, 7:02 pm