Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

Should J.K. Simmons Return as J. Jonah Jameson in Amazing Spider-Man 2?

DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Should J.K. Simmons Return as J. Jonah Jameson in Amazing Spider-Man 2? Empty Should J.K. Simmons Return as J. Jonah Jameson in Amazing Spider-Man 2?

Post  DNArington August 6th 2012, 10:57 pm

Should J.K. Simmons Return as J. Jonah Jameson in Amazing Spider-Man 2?

http://screenrant.com/amazing-spiderman-2-j-jonah-jameson-jk-simmons/

I certainly hope not! I enjoyed his proformance in the original trilogy(it is one of my favorite trilogies of all time), and thought his take on J.J. was spot on, but I don’t want this movie to tie back in any way to that trilogy. It is a new take on Spiderman, why not make it new? A cameo? Fine. As J.J.? No...Find a new actor IMO.
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Should J.K. Simmons Return as J. Jonah Jameson in Amazing Spider-Man 2? Empty Re: Should J.K. Simmons Return as J. Jonah Jameson in Amazing Spider-Man 2?

Post  Rickster August 7th 2012, 10:58 pm

I just don't know who they'll get to play the part as good as he did
    WhiteBoy
    WhiteBoy

Activity : 855
    Geek-Cred : 12

Should J.K. Simmons Return as J. Jonah Jameson in Amazing Spider-Man 2? Empty Re: Should J.K. Simmons Return as J. Jonah Jameson in Amazing Spider-Man 2?

Post  WhiteBoy August 8th 2012, 2:58 pm

Rickster wrote:I just don't know who they'll get to play the part as good as he did

QFT! I have a hard time imagining anyone doing it better... or even as well.

Activity : 218
    Geek-Cred : 5

Post  Dunadwarf September 1st 2012, 12:40 pm

If he changed his performance to be the same cynic, but less Vaudeville since these movies are a lot more serious, it could work. Of course, his over-the-topness was what made him such a great character, so it might be like hiring Jim Carrey or Jerry Lewis for a grim courtroom drama. I've seen this guy do straight stuff, so I know it's in his repetoire. The question is can he be JJJ and straight? If so, it'd be a great bit of trivia.
    If not, who else might be able to do the job?
    This might sound odd, but John Noble (Return of the King's Denethor & Fringe's Walter Bishop) might be able to play a more serious version of the guy.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 28th 2024, 5:00 pm