Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

DC Comics: The New 52 Hardcover Compilation - anyone?

ComiKate
    ComiKate

Activity : 410
    Geek-Cred : 21

DC Comics: The New 52 Hardcover Compilation - anyone? Empty DC Comics: The New 52 Hardcover Compilation - anyone?

Post  ComiKate October 5th 2012, 1:52 pm

So, is anyone gonna get this collection of all the New 52 #1s?
    Any seriously obsessive collectors here? clown Very Happy

I have to admit I actually considered it, just from a collector's point of view. But then I thought, with such a thick bind all the splash pages are going to be horrendously deformed.

So me, no - although a tiny bit disappointed about it nevertheless.

You?

If you want to read more about it first, here's a good review I found.

DC Comics: The New 52 Hardcover Compilation - anyone? 2118376-dsc_0603_super

BenAvery
    BenAvery

Activity : 322
    Geek-Cred : 16

DC Comics: The New 52 Hardcover Compilation - anyone? Empty Re: DC Comics: The New 52 Hardcover Compilation - anyone?

Post  BenAvery October 5th 2012, 4:06 pm

No way. Any book I buy, I plan to read and reread. I don't always reread, but I plan to . . .

Anyway, anything I want to read in THIS book, well, there are cheaper ways to do it. And there are SO many issues in there that I have no desire, at all, to read.

It is a collector's item, not a reader's. I'm shocked they printed it, to be honest, although I know that there are probably enough people in the world who WOULD want it to justify the expense. I'm just not one of them.
    ProfessorAlan
    ProfessorAlan

Activity : 115
    Geek-Cred : 3

DC Comics: The New 52 Hardcover Compilation - anyone? Empty Re: DC Comics: The New 52 Hardcover Compilation - anyone?

Post  ProfessorAlan October 5th 2012, 5:09 pm

It is at the public library, so I will probably read it that way, but not for a while -- maybe of Christmas break.

I have picked up (also from the library) a few of the first batch of collections: Animal Man and Wonder Woman. Aquaman came out in hardcover first, but when it comes out in trade paperback, I will purchase it.
    BenAvery
    BenAvery

Activity : 322
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  BenAvery October 5th 2012, 6:48 pm

I highly recommend Aquaman -- possibly the best artwork of ALL the New 52!

If that book was at my library, I'd get it out because it would be a very good sampler of the New 52.
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Post  DNArington October 6th 2012, 1:51 am

I'm certainly interested. I hadn't realized they were coming out with one of these. I would be interested in reading most all of them. Maybe if I find it at a good price on Amazon.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 15th 2024, 12:45 am