Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

+2
DNArington
Rickster
6 posters

I new Left Behind movie

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

I new Left Behind movie Empty I new Left Behind movie

Post  Rickster October 20th 2012, 1:20 am

I had heard rumors about a remake of the Left Behind movies and was hoping for something closer to the books. It's to early to tell but it looks like they might get Nic Cage to be in it.

What do you think of him being in it?
    and who do you think he'll play?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/vic-armstrong-direct-left-behind-reboot-381323
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

I new Left Behind movie Empty Re: I new Left Behind movie

Post  DNArington October 21st 2012, 2:29 am

I have never the original movies. I fully intend to and I believe my Church library has a copy of at least the first one, so I will probably get it from there. The main reason I've held off on those movies is because they deal with the end times and that is a controversial subject and I'm unsure if I will agree with what they are presenting.

As for Nic Cage, I can't take him seriously even if he is in a serious role, so unless we're going the end-times-comedy route I wouldn't want him in there.
    UKSteve
    UKSteve

Activity : 354
    Geek-Cred : 10

Post  UKSteve October 21st 2012, 2:17 pm

DNArington wrote:unless we're going the end-times-comedy route I wouldn't want him in there.
    I thought Left Behind was an end-times-comedy?
    Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

Post  Drew.Rub October 21st 2012, 9:41 pm

Rickster wrote:I had heard rumors about a remake of the Left Behind movies and was hoping for something closer to the books. It's to early to tell but it looks like they might get Nic Cage to be in it.

I am disappointed that someone feels the need to remake the movies that have already been done by Krik Cameron. I absolutely love the first three films that he's helped work on. I've been wanting another movie to come out in that series.

However, that being said, I do sincerely hope that a "remake" will turn into a true "relaunch" and we'll get more than just a one off movie. As for Nic Cage, I just can't take him seriously as a movie star anymore. I don't know why. I kinda hope that he'll play Nicolae Carpathia. I'm interested in seeing how well he could pull off the antagonist in the film. I would have serious doubts about him playing either Raf or Buck.
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Post  DNArington October 22nd 2012, 12:13 am

UKSteve wrote:
    DNArington wrote:unless we're going the end-times-comedy route I wouldn't want him in there.
    I thought Left Behind was an end-times-comedy?

It could be. I know nothing about the books and as I said I have never seen the original movies. Rolling Eyes
    Rickster
    Rickster

Post  Rickster October 22nd 2012, 7:25 pm

Drew.Rub wrote:
    Rickster wrote:I had heard rumors about a remake of the Left Behind movies and was hoping for something closer to the books. It's to early to tell but it looks like they might get Nic Cage to be in it.

I am disappointed that someone feels the need to remake the movies that have already been done by Krik Cameron. I absolutely love the first three films that he's helped work on. I've been wanting another movie to come out in that series.

However, that being said, I do sincerely hope that a "remake" will turn into a true "relaunch" and we'll get more than just a one off movie. As for Nic Cage, I just can't take him seriously as a movie star anymore. I don't know why. I kinda hope that he'll play Nicolae Carpathia. I'm interested in seeing how well he could pull off the antagonist in the film. I would have serious doubts about him playing either Raf or Buck.

I was hoping for something that was closer to the books and the fact that they want to turn it into a trilogy doesn't really make it sound like they will.
    I think he's to old to playa Carpathia and Buck and I don't picture him as raford Maybe he could be Bruce
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter October 23rd 2012, 12:49 pm

$15 million strikes me as a microscopic budget for a "disaster movie" (even if Cage waives his pay), which is the aspect they reportedly plan to emphasize.

Honestly, I kinda hope this movie isn't made. Only because I'm afraid it will be one more example of Christian themed entertainment that feels cheap and poorly made. If you're going to make a "disaster movie", get the budget for one first, otherwise your flick is just going to be quickly compared to better (or at least more expensive) films and then dismissed by all but the hardcore book fans or Christians who just kid themselves into thinking its great because it was made "for the Lord".

Add to that the relative inexperience of the director and... I don't know. I think this movie has a DIFFERENT kind of "disaster" written all over it. But I'd love to be wrong.

www.spiritblade.com
    Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

Post  Drew.Rub October 24th 2012, 10:31 pm

Paeter wrote:Add to that the relative inexperience of the director and... I don't know. I think this movie has a DIFFERENT kind of "disaster" written all over it. But I'd love to be wrong.

Somehow, I doubt you are.
    ProfessorAlan
    ProfessorAlan

Activity : 115
    Geek-Cred : 3

Post  ProfessorAlan October 27th 2012, 3:31 pm

Much of this sounds like a bad idea.
    Rickster
    Rickster

Post  Rickster December 29th 2012, 2:56 am

Update Chad Michael Murray (One Tree Hill House of Wax) has been cast as Buck

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 13th 2024, 4:30 pm