Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

+2
mindspike
Rickster
6 posters

Workingout?

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Workingout? Empty Workingout?

Post  Rickster November 29th 2012, 8:36 pm

Do you guys workout? If so what does your routine consist of?

Mine is on Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays I do a workout game 10 minute abs work out and arm/shoulder circuit and next week I’m adding pushups to the mix on Tuesday Thursdays and Saturdays I’m do my training for a 1/2 marathon that I’m going to run next August and Sundays are my rest days
    mindspike
    mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 1035
    Geek-Cred : 39

Workingout? Empty Re: Workingout?

Post  mindspike November 29th 2012, 8:45 pm

When I can make the time in my schedule, about three days a week, I work out at the YMCA. I use the automated workout machine to set my weight training regimen, and follow it up with 30 min of cardio. I try not to miss any days; getting in my regular workouts makes my day automatically better.

Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter November 30th 2012, 5:57 pm

On days I don't sub (I sub 1-3 times a week on average) I do a 20-30 minute workout. For the last few years its been mostly cardio on a treadmill, but I've been switching more and more to push-ups, weights and a resistance band.

Currently, I do pushups until I make dying donkey noises, then do weights that work my pecs until I make dying donkey noises, then stand and use the resistance band to work my biceps until I make dying donkey noises. Rinse and repeat until my time is up.

www.spiritblade.com
    Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

Post  Drew.Rub December 3rd 2012, 12:07 pm

Mondays is couples cardio training with my wife and our personal trainer, Tuesday and Thursday are generally reserved for running a few miles, Saturdays is walking with the wife or more running, and Sunday's may become pilates nights.
    Rohelf
    Rohelf

Activity : 142
    Geek-Cred : 0

Post  Rohelf December 6th 2012, 5:45 pm

I got back on the regular workout horse over the summer. I go down to the local college gym twice a week and do a fairly even mix of cardio and weights for an hour. That, and a rougher approximation of it at home once or twice a week as well. Results have been... less than encouraging, but I don't see anything to do but keep forging ahead and try not to go into depressive mode.
    tmorrill
    tmorrill

Activity : 405
    Geek-Cred : 20

Post  tmorrill December 6th 2012, 8:27 pm

I just started doing Crossfit (one class so far), which I'm planning on keeping up. The people there were nice and encouraging too, which is nice.

Aside from that I'm gonna start running 2 miles 5 or 6 days a week. My eventual goal is to do a sprint triathlon at some point next year, hopefully.

Good luck (or whatever the Christian equivalent is now) on your half marathon Rickster, keep us updated here on the forum!
    Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

Post  Drew.Rub December 6th 2012, 9:29 pm

Rickster, I highly recommend using Hal higdons marathon training schedule. I followed amd it helped m e run. My first half marathon. of can google Hal higdon and find it pretty easily.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter December 7th 2012, 7:17 pm

tmorrill wrote:

Good luck (or whatever the Christian equivalent is now)

I've given up trying to avoid this phrase. We should probably just all agree as Christians that "luck" is defined as "a seemingly random manifestation of the sovereignty of God that often utilizes the free choices of created beings in some manner."

Wink

But that's another topic altogether.

Resume fitness conversation.

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Post  Rickster December 14th 2012, 4:12 am

Drew.Rub wrote:Rickster, I highly recommend using Hal higdons marathon training schedule. I followed amd it helped m e run. My first half marathon. of can google Hal higdon and find it pretty easily.

Thanks Drew I'll look in to it the marathon's website also has training schedule i was looking at
    tmorrill
    tmorrill

Activity : 405
    Geek-Cred : 20

Post  tmorrill February 10th 2013, 2:54 am

How's the marathon training goin' for you Rickster?

Thanks to shenanigans I wasn't able to start crossfit until mid January, and then it's been spotty with work stuff, but I just finished my 2nd week of it, and its hurts usss !!gollum gollum!! The plus side is, thanks to that and eating better I'e lost about 10 pounds this year. Smile
    Rickster
    Rickster

Post  Rickster February 11th 2013, 3:39 am

tmorrill wrote:How's the marathon training goin' for you Rickster?
    It's on hold right because I've been spending most of my time at the hospital so right now my workout is running up and down the stairs but I'm itching to start again the marathon is on sept. 1st so I still have some time to great ready. Hopefully my grandma will be going home this week and I can start my training again.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 14th 2024, 6:28 pm