Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

Marvel Now

DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Marvel Now Empty Marvel Now

Post  DNArington January 10th 2013, 10:41 pm

Anyone checking out any of Marvel's new Marvel Now comics? I have been buying the #1s of most of them and have just subscribed to All New X-Men, The Indestructible Hulk, Hawkeye, and Avengers Arena. There is some good stuff out there! I kind of want to sub to Uncanny Avengers, but the first story ark wasn't really impressing me and I didn't want to spend an excesive amount of money though I easily could. Maybe I will sub to it later, but I am waiting until at least this ark is done. If you want me to talk specifically about any of them just say so and I can tell you more in depth my likes/dislikes.
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Marvel Now Empty Re: Marvel Now

Post  Rickster January 11th 2013, 3:21 am

What exactly is Marvel Now?
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Post  DNArington January 11th 2013, 10:05 am

Basically it is Marvel's response to DC's New 52. Almost all their books have been "canceled" and are starting back at #1s. They aren't rebooting continuity, just making a good jumping on point for new readers. Plus there are some changes, for example some new books like The Uncanny Avengers which is a team of mutants and Avengers, and Bruce Banner is no longer trying to cure the Hulk, he is trying to work with S.H.I.E.L.D. to unleash him at opportune times, and so on.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 16th 2024, 11:12 am