Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

5 posters

Best Geek Experience Of 2012

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Best Geek Experience Of 2012 Empty Best Geek Experience Of 2012

Post  Paeter January 24th 2013, 7:01 pm

I was thinking of doing a movie awards thing for the podcast like attempted last year, but the more I thought about it, the more I didn't want to be movie exclusive, and the more I wanted a "best of" retrospective to involve all of you guys.

So I'm putting the call out for your best "geek experience" of 2012. This is as broad as it gets. The key word is "experience". In other words, you may have had an awesome night of gaming because of the people you were with, though the game you were playing maybe isn't your favorite.

Give me a short description of your favorite geek experience of 2012 and I'd love to share it on the show.

You can post here if you like for me to read, but it would be even better, and showcase this awesome community even more, if you recorded your message.

You can either use the "send voicemail" tab at spiritblade.net/underground, send me an mp3 at paeter(at)spiritblade(dot)net, or call 206-350-1226.

I'd love to get all submissions by Sunday, February 10th.

Can't wait to hear from you!

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Best Geek Experience Of 2012 Empty Re: Best Geek Experience Of 2012

Post  Rickster January 25th 2013, 3:58 am

Mine was me and my dad going to the Marvel Movie Marathon that a local movie theater had. Iron man 1 and 2, Thor and Capt. America on the big screen again before the Midnight showing on the Avengers was not only my best geek experiences and one of the best experiences of the 2012 and something I will remember forever
    Tim
    Tim

Activity : 258
    Geek-Cred : 4

Post  Tim January 28th 2013, 6:03 pm

Midnight Showing of The Avengers
    Forward Unto Dawn
    VideoGame High School
    Mass Effect 3 [even tho the ending was a small let down]
    Seeing the Hobbit with my Girlfriend who is not much of a geek but that was one of her presents to me.
    The Scott Snyder Batman [I know it started in fall 2011 but i didnt pick it all up until 2012]
    The 2nd Trailer for Man of Steel
    Hawkeye by Matt Fraction
    The Firefly Reunion Special
    Young Justice Invasion
    Kilowog vs the Red Lanterns in Ep 13 "Homecoming" of Green Lantern The Animated Series
    Amazing Spider-man

That's all I can think of off the top of my head right now. I'm thinking about writing it up and saying a few things about them, like specifically what I liked. I may record it if I can manage to get my usb mic out of storage.

><> ><> ><> <>< ><> ><>
    Be BOLD

PS 144:1
    1COR 4:20

><>
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Post  DNArington January 28th 2013, 10:39 pm

I bought a Playstation 3 this year and played through Batman: Arkham City and it wasn't until I finished that game that I realized what a great medium videogames are for storytelling. I really cared about Bruce Wayne as he is trying to figure out what the Joker is up to, The Joker is very creepy and a great adaptation from the comics, and I was blown away when it all came to it's stunning conclusion! I never realized a game could play with my emotions like that!

Also going out to see The Avengers, The Amazing Spiderman, and The Dark Knight Rises, each at midnight with a group of friends was awesome!

Tim wrote:
    Hawkeye by Matt Fraction

Gotta' agree with you on that one! Read one issue and immediately subscribed! I never thought I would love a Hawkeye book so much!
    ComiKate
    ComiKate

Activity : 410
    Geek-Cred : 21

Post  ComiKate February 12th 2013, 8:48 pm

I know I totally missed the deadline for this, but still:

Mine was when I found not one but TWO dvd boxes of Gatchaman, with box covers by Alex Ross!
    These are soooo not available in Holland!

I found them in a second hand gadget store, stuffed away in some dusty corner full of obscure (and sometimes questionable) dvds. I was so excited when I found them! I'm collecting as much as I can of that series from the seventies, but that's pretty hard to do in the Netherlands.

I still cannot believe I found those. My beloved Gatchaman, woooooot! Man, even while I'm writing this I feel excited by this find all over again! I'm totally geeking out on that anime - Gatchaman is like my one true geek love, if I could marry a geekdom, that would totally be it... bounce Smile

Best Geek Experience Of 2012 GatchamanDVD-1

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 14th 2024, 2:46 am