Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Bible on History Channel

CreatorsPixels
    CreatorsPixels

Activity : 236
    Geek-Cred : 8

Bible on History Channel Empty Bible on History Channel

Post  CreatorsPixels March 11th 2013, 1:29 pm

Just curious if anyone has been watching the Bible on the history channel? If so thoughts? Seems closer than most shows to me but seems like they changed silly little things that just aren't there! I don't get it, I've seen hype on this being 'acurate' but I don't see it. IE....Moses didn't agree to go to Pharoh until after God agreed to send Aaron to, but in the show Moses was ready to take on the world and met Aaron later. Such a simple fact, why change it why not portray Moses the way he was....."Numbers 12:3 Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men which were upon the face of the earth" It was a 'scripted' show, why in the heck not stick with it? Anyway, what do you guys think?
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Bible on History Channel Empty Re: Bible on History Channel

Post  Paeter March 11th 2013, 6:03 pm

I have to admit ignorance. I've become jaded toward the "historicity" of the History Channel. We also dropped cable about a year ago and so it's not even on my radar anymore. But I'd be interested in what others think of this special, too!

www.spiritblade.com
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Post  DNArington March 11th 2013, 9:02 pm

I haven't seen the show, but my guess about Moses is that maybe they wanted him to seem like an incredibly perfect person. I've heard people campare him to a superhero before just in how perfect he seems. So perhaps they didn't want to show this weakness/fear that Moses actually had to "keep up his appearance."

I could be totally off base. As I said I haven't seen the show.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 7th 2024, 10:14 am