Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Spider-Man Movie Continuity

DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Spider-Man Movie Continuity Empty Spider-Man Movie Continuity

Post  DNArington April 21st 2013, 12:01 am

It seems to me Sony is kind of wasting the potential of the Spiderman rights that they own. I mean, they have all these awesome characters that they could do so much with but they are only doing Spiderman movies. Not that I’m complaining about those, I love Spiderman, but there is so much more they could be doing, so here is a couple movies I would like to see in the upcoming years (preferably that all fit in the current Spiderman movie continuity):

The stalled Venom movie with Venom as an anti-hero, perhaps in the vein of the series where it is being used in the army as Agent Venom, though he should be introduced in the Spiderman series first as the awesome villain he is known for.

It would be interesting to see the clone saga made into film and have Ben Riley (A.K.A. Scarlet Spider) and Kane be introduced (but not bring back Gwen.) From there Ben Riley could take up the mantle of Spiderman for a time (maybe two movies) as he did in the comics and that would be an easy way to slide one actor out and add another one in as time goes on. Then once Peter Parker becomes Spidy again a new actor can replace him if needed and it would be a fairly smooth transition.

As far as a Scarlet Spider movie goes, you could start with Cane being the Scarlet Spider and then have him die and have Ben Riley take up his mantle after he stops being Spider-Man. (The opposite of the order in the comics.)

A Spider-Girl movie is an option, though I’ve never read Spider-Girl so I don’t know how to go about that.

Does Sony own the rights to Spider-Woman? If so there are some great Spider-Woman stories. Not sure about the rights there though… :-S

Morbius, The Living Vampire is another option and he has had at least one other on-going series other than his current one so there is probably some good stories to tell, but I don’t know. They could go for the dark, violent, almost horror tone perhaps.

OK, I admit that this character is really new, but I am loving the Alpha mini-series that spun out of the Amazing Spiderman title. He could be introduced like he was in the comics and have him as a potential side-kick for Spidy, and then…well that would be spoiling that recent story and at least part of the new one…so I won’t say what happens, but they should follow those basic steps.

What do you guys think?
    DNArington
    DNArington

Spider-Man Movie Continuity Empty Re: Spider-Man Movie Continuity

Post  DNArington April 21st 2013, 12:25 am

Oh yeah, I forgot to say Spider-Man 2099! This wouldn't really be connected to any of the above unless time travel was involved, but it cold still be in the same continuity and seeing a futuristic Spider-Man in a super hightech world world be something pretty new to the superhero genre.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter April 22nd 2013, 2:10 pm

I know this would probably be a terrible business decision for Sony, but I'd love to see them sell their rights to Spider-man to Disney for an insane, ridiculous amount of money that only Disney could afford (along with their other Marvel properties if they still have F4, etc.), and have Fox do the same, so that we can have not just a Marvel Universe onscreen, but a Marvel MEGA-verse, representing all that Marvel has to offer in a single continuity.

DC won't have this issue (provided they can make good enough movies and keep that ball rolling) and I'd love to see Marvel solve it. Who wouldn't LOVE to see Spider-Man team up with the X-Men to take on the Avengers before they realize the real threat is Apocalypse, Galactus and Thanos! I want my mega marvel, three movies long released three months apart, crossover event! (And REAL Marvel fans want it even more than I do!)

So yeah, that's what I think Sony should do with the Spider-man continuity.

www.spiritblade.com
    Dunadwarf
    Dunadwarf

Activity : 218
    Geek-Cred : 5

Post  Dunadwarf April 22nd 2013, 6:12 pm

I'd like to see "One More Day"-the movie directed by Michael Bay and M. Night Shamylan taking turns with their scenes starring Shia LaBeouf, Mel Gibson, Paris Hilton, Jonah Hill and Zoe Saldana with Ke$ha, the Black-Eyed Peas and Nickelback doing the soundtrack. Make it 4 hours long and in 3-D!
    Then, with so much of Hollywood's worst out there together, we could either pray for a meteor to strike the set or at least have a good movie made in their absence.
    Laughing
    DNArington
    DNArington

Post  DNArington April 22nd 2013, 11:22 pm

Paeter wrote:I know this would probably be a terrible business decision for Sony, but I'd love to see them sell their rights to Spider-man to Disney for an insane, ridiculous amount of money that only Disney could afford (along with their other Marvel properties if they still have F4, etc.), and have Fox do the same, so that we can have not just a Marvel Universe onscreen, but a Marvel MEGA-verse, representing all that Marvel has to offer in a single continuity.

DC won't have this issue (provided they can make good enough movies and keep that ball rolling) and I'd love to see Marvel solve it. Who wouldn't LOVE to see Spider-Man team up with the X-Men to take on the Avengers before they realize the real threat is Apocalypse, Galactus and Thanos! I want my mega marvel, three movies long released three months apart, crossover event! (And REAL Marvel fans want it even more than I do!)

So yeah, that's what I think Sony should do with the Spider-man continuity.
    True True, that is what I really want. Spiderman could join the Avengers, we could get the epic, live-action Hulk vs. Wolverine fight, the real Phoenix force would come to earth and Galactus and his herald would come to consume the Earth's energy! (The real Galactus...not a cloud.) They could do the mega-story arks like House of M, Avengers vs. X-Men, Secret Invasion, and Civil War! Yeah, that would be awesome!...But in all likelihood, that's not gonna' happen (at least for a long, long time), so in the meantime......

Dunadwarf wrote:I'd like to see "One More Day"-the movie directed by Michael Bay and M. Night Shamylan taking turns with their scenes starring Shia LaBeouf, Mel Gibson, Paris Hilton, Jonah Hill and Zoe Saldana with Ke$ha, the Black-Eyed Peas and Nickelback doing the soundtrack. Make it 4 hours long and in 3-D!

lol!
    DNArington
    DNArington

Post  DNArington May 6th 2013, 11:42 pm

Another thing I would like to see is The Sinister Six in a future Spiderman movie. You could have Electro, Rhino, Doc Ock, Mysterio, Kraven, and the Vulture. The Scorpion would be cool too, though his origins are stupid. I don't think the Lizard would work very well.

Spider-Man Movie Continuity Spider-man-villains

Which brings me to another point. I would kind of like Dr. Connors to be in the sequels (as long as he fits of course.) It would be cool for him to be more than just a one and done villain.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 8th 2024, 1:39 am