Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse trailer

AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 835
    Geek-Cred : 4

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse trailer Empty Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse trailer

Post  AGoodReed December 14th 2022, 4:55 pm

This is one of those trailers that opens with an extended clip from the film, and then the audio from the clip starts being dubbed over clips from the previous movie before getting to clips from the new movie. New movie clips start around 1:05.

I've gotta say, I'm about as excited for this as I get for anything geeky these days. It looks like even Peter B. Parker (the more traditional Spider-Man from the first movie) returns. Based on what little is really shown hinting at a plot, it looks like the Spider-Man of 2099 (who was in a comical stinger in the first movie) might actually be a misguided bad guy for at least part of this film.

On the downside, the first thing I think whenever I see pretty much any trailer these days is How much gay stuff is going to be pigeonholed into this?

Also, I do think I'd be more interested in seeing Spider-Man mix it up with multiple other superheroes rather than multiple other versions of himself. But it is what it is.

Craig likes this post

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse trailer Empty Re: Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse trailer

Post  Paeter December 15th 2022, 12:55 pm

I still need to see the first one! I think I've only heard extremely positive takes on it, but I just haven't been that motivated I think because I'm not often into alternate reality superhero stories and just prefer they develop a character in a single continuity.

www.spiritblade.com

Craig likes this post

AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 835
    Geek-Cred : 4

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse trailer Empty Re: Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse trailer

Post  AGoodReed December 16th 2022, 10:42 am

Paeter wrote:I still need to see the first one! I think I've only heard extremely positive takes on it, but I just haven't been that motivated I think because I'm not often into alternate reality superhero stories and just prefer they develop a character in a single continuity.

That is fair. I feel like I should lean that way, especially with more "serious" characters like Batman. And I think DC has gone nuts with their alternate universe stuff (and Marvel has followed). But I really enjoyed Into the Spider-Verse as a classic Spider-Man fan.

Craig likes this post

Craig

Activity : 5
    Geek-Cred : 0

Post  Craig January 6th 2023, 9:27 am

Paeter wrote:I still need to see the first one! I think I've only heard extremely positive takes on it, but I just haven't been that motivated I think because I'm not often into alternate reality superhero stories and just prefer they develop a character in a single continuity.

Trust me, you won't regret watching it.

I'm pretty eager for this film too. I hated that Spiderman 2099 only featured in an end credits snippet and not throughout the film. In this film he will probably play a prominent role. I always liked how 2099 spidey looked, so I'm glad they eventually decided to make a movie with him in it.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 6th 2024, 10:02 am