Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

Spider-Man: No Way Home Teaser Trailer

jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1095
    Geek-Cred : 7

Spider-Man: No Way Home Teaser Trailer Empty Spider-Man: No Way Home Teaser Trailer

Post  jorowi August 25th 2021, 7:51 am

This movie looks crowded. I'm afraid it will be close to three hours long.

That being said, I do like that they're not ignoring what happened with the other studios that made Spider-Man movies. The whole multi-verse angle allows them to incorporate characters and timelines from Sony's movies into the current universe.

Twitter
    Instagram

Russell Smith likes this post

AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 835
    Geek-Cred : 4

Spider-Man: No Way Home Teaser Trailer Empty Re: Spider-Man: No Way Home Teaser Trailer

Post  AGoodReed August 25th 2021, 4:19 pm

Shouldn't Doctor Strange know better than to mess around with far-reaching spells like this by now? Or is it part of his character that he doesn't like to follow the magical rules?

Peter approaching Strange with a desire to fix some reality of his life that he doesn't want to live with reminds me of One More Day, the worst Spider-Man story ever (IMO). Of course, in that story, Strange couldn't do anything for Peter, so Peter ended up dealing with Mephisto instead. That probably won't happen here.

But it would be nice if he would just ask Strange to change this universe's MJ into a more likable person.

So we see that Alfred Molina is involved. I checked Wikipedia to see who else from the other films is on board:

Spoiler:

Not as many as I'd hoped, honestly.

I don't know when I'll ever actually see this. I still don't care enough to see it in the theater, and if it's like the other Disney-involved Spider-Man
    films, it won't end up on Disney Plus like all the other Marvel movies do.

Could anyone tell who it was who said, "Be careful what you wish for, Parker?"
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Spider-Man: No Way Home Teaser Trailer Empty Re: Spider-Man: No Way Home Teaser Trailer

Post  Paeter August 26th 2021, 3:50 pm

It does look a bit crowded, but 3+ hours would be fine by me if they balance character and action as they have in the other films!

I may see this one in theaters, even though I've heard some stuff in Shang-Chi(which I'm waiting for video on) sets up Dr Strange here. We'll see.

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Post  AdamCollings August 26th 2021, 6:03 pm

I'm not actually getting a crowded vibe from this trailer. It's quite possible we've seen the majority of Doctor Strange footage here in this trailer, and his mate who tells him not to cast the spell is probably little more than a cameo.

We've got Doc Oc as a villain (the only one we really see in this trailer). Based on rumour, I assumed we'll be seeing more characters from previous iterations of the Spiderman franchise, but we haven't seen them yet.

While I'm still not sold on this whole multi-verse thing, this movie seems to have the makings of an interesting story.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 7th 2024, 1:06 pm