Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

What super villain do you think wouldn't work for film

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

What super villain do you think wouldn't work for film Empty What super villain do you think wouldn't work for film

Post  Rickster May 9th 2013, 12:38 am

is there any super villain out there that you don't think would work in a live action film?

for me it would be MODOK I don't see how a giant head can be taken seriously as a live action character
    Tim
    Tim

Activity : 258
    Geek-Cred : 4

What super villain do you think wouldn't work for film Empty Re: What super villain do you think wouldn't work for film

Post  Tim May 9th 2013, 1:12 am

Mr. Mxyzptlk for one...

I agree on Modok

Maybe Galactus. I know they tried but as far as Im concerned they did not succeed.

><> ><> ><> <>< ><> ><>
    Be BOLD

PS 144:1
    1COR 4:20

><>
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

What super villain do you think wouldn't work for film Empty Re: What super villain do you think wouldn't work for film

Post  Paeter May 10th 2013, 2:22 pm

This all depends on how faithful we're assuming the adaptation of a given character will be. I might go so far as to say that any villain can work, if the unworkable parts are "adapted out". Maybe a follow-up question for this conversation could be, "What super villain would be the most difficult to make work in a movie"?

I'd agree that we don't need to see Mxy in a Superman movie. The only way to make him work would be to make him more serious than he should be conceptually, which would just end up being Loki.

I think Bizzarro is a tough concept to adapt unless you're willing to basically ditch everything about him except for the fact that he's a clone/copy of Superman. (Geez, Superman really has some lame villains, doesn't he?)

www.spiritblade.com
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Post  DNArington May 12th 2013, 1:03 am

Another villain that I think would be difficult would be Arnim Zola.
    What super villain do you think wouldn't work for film Arnim_Zola

His character was introduced in Captain America: The First Avenger, before he looked like a TV with arms and legs. (Played by non other than Toby Jones.)

While he is rumored to be in Cap 2, I think he would be very difficult villain to pull off if they are going to keep his look (though they did hint at it in Captain America.)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 8th 2024, 3:02 pm