Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

Halloween Plans/Traditions?

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Halloween Plans/Traditions? Empty Halloween Plans/Traditions?

Post  Paeter October 10th 2013, 10:38 am

There is usually something on my social calendar around Halloween, but nothing seems to be popping up yet. We're getting more and more in that stage where Halloween is all about the kids and not about anything particular for the grownups. I do hope to watch "Event Horizon" again to write a retro-review of it for the podcast, but that will obviously be pre-halloween. Any of you have some Halloween activities you're looking forward to?

www.spiritblade.com
    Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

Halloween Plans/Traditions? Empty Re: Halloween Plans/Traditions?

Post  Drew.Rub October 10th 2013, 4:15 pm

Had you asked me years ago, I would have said haunted housing. In the past many years, I have not been at all and don't feel the desire to go.

However, I do enjoy out "Nut night", the safe and non-scary church sponsored Halloween event at my church. It's always fun to see the kids in costume, and I occasionally try to dress up in something, but it's not meant to be scary. Which I think is what I like now.
    tmorrill
    tmorrill

Activity : 405
    Geek-Cred : 20

Post  tmorrill October 10th 2013, 9:33 pm

It's my small group's normal meeting night, so we're doing costume stuff. I'm debating being a homeless vet. A bit tasteless, but it's better than being a slutty homeless vet.

Aside from that, I have theology class that day so I might be sure to wish the Catholic Priest a happy Reformation Day, and hand him a copy of the 94 Thesis. Very Happy 

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster October 11th 2013, 12:37 am

no plans yet but i would like to find a costume party to go to
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter October 11th 2013, 11:18 am

Used to love haunted houses, especially ones that were really well produced with great costumes and sets. My dad and I did a sci-fi horror haunted house when I was a young teenager about a mining colony on Mars that became overrun by aliens. They took you down a simulated elevator ride and had all kinds of crazy makeup and practical effects. Probably cost my dad a pretty penny but we had a blast and I have yet to experience its equal.

These days though, the cost always seems too high and I get a bit stressed out, too. I love the fictional environment aspect but could do without the jump scares.

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 9th 2024, 10:47 am