Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

+2
Tim
Drew.Rub
6 posters

A little off topic

Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

A little off topic Empty A little off topic

Post  Drew.Rub March 2nd 2014, 7:55 pm

Okay, I realize horror isn't exactly within the CGC realm, but I just wanted to share this link. Some of these are rather creepy, but I find #19 to be the creepiest.

http://www.mandatory.com/2014/02/21/20-terrifying-two-sentence-horror-stories/

And yes, some of these seem ripe for expansion into short stories.
    Tim
    Tim

Activity : 258
    Geek-Cred : 4

A little off topic Empty Re: A little off topic

Post  Tim March 2nd 2014, 9:46 pm

Okay...um...I am sufficiently creeped out for tonight. Thanks...LOL

><> ><> ><> <>< ><> ><>
    Be BOLD

PS 144:1
    1COR 4:20

><>
    tmorrill
    tmorrill

Activity : 405
    Geek-Cred : 20

Post  tmorrill March 5th 2014, 3:59 pm

There's also the classic 2 sentence story. "The last man sat alone in a room. There was a knock on the door."

That also got turned into a radio show on X-minus 1 or Dimension-X called "Knock". Great episode!
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter March 5th 2014, 8:54 pm

Drew.Rub wrote:Okay, I realize horror isn't exactly within the CGC realm,

Dude, horror is TOTALLY in the CGC realm. I feel like I'm the only fan sometimes, but I consider it one of the best geek entertainment genres and would love to have it celebrated here along with all the others!!

www.spiritblade.com
    WhiteBoy
    WhiteBoy

Activity : 855
    Geek-Cred : 12

Post  WhiteBoy March 6th 2014, 1:36 am

Paeter wrote:

Dude, horror is TOTALLY in the CGC realm. I feel like I'm the only fan sometimes, but I consider it one of the best geek entertainment genres and would love to have it celebrated here along with all the others!!

I second that. You're definitely not the only one, Paeter. Great post, Drew..thanks for sharing.

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

Post  Drew.Rub March 8th 2014, 7:54 am

Paeter wrote:

Ah, well, I must say perhaps I have been thrown off with the "Sci Fi Fantasy" tag that's been used for so long, I never realized the horror genre was included. So, that being said, I'm not the biggest of horror fans, but I do find the genre somewhat fascinating. Perhaps I will do a horror entertainment review (movie, books, etc) if others are interested.
    WhiteBoy
    WhiteBoy

Post  WhiteBoy March 10th 2014, 11:03 pm

Drew.Rub wrote:Perhaps I will do a horror entertainment review (movie, books, etc) if others are interested.

I am.  I have actually begun exposing my 12-yo (almost 13) daughter to the horror genre a little bit.  This is tricky, though, because the genre is often R-rated for more than just the suspense and violence.  So I have kinda been on the look-out for mild horror movies.  For the most part I have done pretty good with "the project," but there have been a couple others that have had some things I would have rather her not have been exposed to just yet.

Regardless, we have been enjoying them together.

Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter March 19th 2014, 9:36 am

WhiteBoy wrote:
    Drew.Rub wrote:Perhaps I will do a horror entertainment review (movie, books, etc) if others are interested.

I am.  I have actually begun exposing my 12-yo (almost 13) daughter to the horror genre a little bit.  This is tricky, though, because the genre is often R-rated for more than just the suspense and violence.  So I have kinda been on the look-out for mild horror movies.  For the most part I have done pretty good with "the project," but there have been a couple others that have had some things I would have rather her not have been exposed to just yet.

Regardless, we have been enjoying them together.

This sounds like a project we could help you with! How about starting a thread describing the kind of content you want to avoid and then ask for suggestions for horror flicks that are light on or lacking those elements?

www.spiritblade.com
    orvette1
    orvette1

Activity : 60
    Geek-Cred : 3

A little off topic Empty Horror Movies

Post  orvette1 March 19th 2014, 10:56 am

For your 12 year old girl it would depend on whether she has nightmares. I did a review for Killer Klowns from Outer Space. It isn't that bad. There is a little profanity, no sex and no real blood. A good series that is not really horror but is kind of like it is The Puppet Master. NEVER, NEVER let her watch Henry, Portrait of a Serial Killer. That movie creeped me out so badly I still can't watch it again. For fun you could do the Scary Movie series. They are just plain silly, but lots of fun.
    I like horror movies, I like to be scared while sitting in my safe recliner. My wife likes them also, however sometimes she will cover her eyes. pale 
    WhiteBoy
    WhiteBoy

Post  WhiteBoy March 19th 2014, 2:21 pm

Paeter wrote:This sounds like a project we could help you with! How about starting a thread describing the kind of content you want to avoid and then ask for suggestions for horror flicks that are light on or lacking those elements?

Good idea. I'll do that.

Thanks for the suggestion, Ken. I'll have to check that one out.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 6th 2024, 6:52 am