Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

+2
ComiKate
Paeter
6 posters

Flash Trailer (And Upcoming DC Shows)

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Flash Trailer (And Upcoming DC Shows) Empty Flash Trailer (And Upcoming DC Shows)

Post  Paeter May 15th 2014, 10:40 pm

No kidding, I almost cried for a moment watching this. Please don't screw this up, CW. Could bring me back to appointment TV viewing.

Last edited by Paeter on May 21st 2014, 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

www.spiritblade.com
    ComiKate
    ComiKate

Activity : 410
    Geek-Cred : 21

Flash Trailer (And Upcoming DC Shows) Empty Re: Flash Trailer (And Upcoming DC Shows)

Post  ComiKate May 18th 2014, 5:53 am

Paeter wrote:No kidding, I almost cried for a moment watching this.

lol! lol! lol! No, really, I was actually LOLling Laughing 

I agree though, great promise here!
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Flash Trailer (And Upcoming DC Shows) Empty Re: Flash Trailer (And Upcoming DC Shows)

Post  Paeter May 19th 2014, 12:28 pm

ComiKate wrote:
    Paeter wrote:No kidding, I almost cried for a moment watching this.

lol! lol! lol! No, really, I was actually LOLling Laughing 

I agree though, great promise here!

Yeah, I know. I'm a huge dork. For me in this case it was sometime around where Green Arrow tells him he could be a guardian angel, protecting the people of the city. For me, rescuing savior metaphors can be very powerful. The idea of someone who is both good and able to make the wrong things right is emotionally moving. It's one of the main reasons I enjoy comics and superheroes so much.

www.spiritblade.com
    Tim
    Tim

Activity : 258
    Geek-Cred : 4

Post  Tim May 20th 2014, 4:43 am

My love for the Flash started when I was a kid watching the John Wesley Shipp Flash TV Show. This show reminds me of that in all the good ways. I remember as a kid, that show having a sort of dark edge, with a few exceptions, and Barry being the bright "flash" among it all. I hope this one has a similar flavor. I have been excited about this since I first heard about it and even more excited watching the Barry Allen episodes of Arrow. I love the explaination where the Meta-humans get there powers. I love that Barry has a team (Just like he had Dr. Tina McGee in the old show). I love that The Flash gets to be the "Science-hero". I love that we'll be able to see what the world looks like from Barry's point of view as well as seeing him move really really fast. I can't wait to see the Rogues begin to form. This trailer has got me more excited in anticipation for this show than I thought possible.

My one negative in all of this...

Obviously Marvel seems to rule at the movies right now. But DC rules at TV. While Marvel struggles with Agents of Shield and there are more in the pipeline but still largely unproven, DC has Arrow, The Flash, (my Gosh) That Constantine TV show...why oh why cant they get their movie production side in gear? Maybe we're just better off getting a justice league tv show.

<><

><> ><> ><> <>< ><> ><>
    Be BOLD

PS 144:1
    1COR 4:20

><>
    ComiKate
    ComiKate

Post  ComiKate May 21st 2014, 8:30 am

Tim wrote:DC has Arrow, The Flash, (my Gosh) That Constantine TV show...

There's a Constantine tv show? I totally missed that one! Is it any good? (and no spoilers please Wink )

Paeter wrote:For me, rescuing savior metaphors can be very powerful. The idea of someone who is both good and able to make the wrong things right is emotionally moving.

Okay, and now I almost cried reading this. (really)
    Tim
    Tim

Post  Tim May 21st 2014, 8:40 am

ComiKate wrote:

There's a Constantine tv show? I totally missed that one! Is it any good? (and no spoilers please Wink )

It hasnt come out yet. Like the Flash, so far there is only a trailer, but it looks good. Real good. Better than the Keanu Reeves movie (and I actually liked that movie...minus 1 geek cred for me, lol)

And this is it...

<><

><> ><> ><> <>< ><> ><>
    Be BOLD

><>
    ComiKate
    ComiKate

Post  ComiKate May 21st 2014, 8:48 am

I'll check that series out, thanks for the trailer!
    He actually looks a bit like the Constantine in the comics.
    Tim
    Tim

Post  Tim May 21st 2014, 9:09 am

ComiKate wrote:I'll check that series out, thanks for the trailer!
    He actually looks a bit like the Constantine in the comics.

Yeah, with the blonde hair and the brown trench coat...AND he's actually British.

<><

><> ><> ><> <>< ><> ><>
    Be BOLD

><>
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter May 21st 2014, 12:36 pm

Yeah, I totally forgot to mention Constantine. Looks like it could rock!

Speaking of forgetting, here's another way in which DC might dominate the Tv realm...

www.spiritblade.com
    ComiKate
    ComiKate

Post  ComiKate May 21st 2014, 4:58 pm

Dang, that looks awesome!
    DC rules! (On tv)
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Post  DNArington May 21st 2014, 6:42 pm

Gotham and Flash have a lot of potential. Now I want to catch up on arrow, so I can watch Arrow and Flash simultaneously. I really like the look of Flash running. Before seeing this I was wondering what they could really do with super speed on TV, but with the lighting bolts and everything, it looks great!

Here's another look at Gotham.

They talk a little bit about the Joker. I wonder who will be playing the Joker and how they will do it. It will be hard to follow up Heath Ledger's Joker.
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster May 21st 2014, 8:30 pm

DC might dominate tv right now but Marvel just entered the tv game and while Agents of SHIELD started off with a rocky start it has improved. next year we're going to have Agent Carter during the SHIELD hiatus and then the first of 4 netflix series also starts next year and all these shows are part of the same universe as the movies. As far as i know there has never been an interaction between a film series and movie series like this before and thats where i think marvel will take the throne from DC in a couple years unless they do something.
    They need to make their shows part of their DC cinematic universe have flash and green arrow from the series as part of the justice league and have Gotham the origins of the Ben Afflec's batman. Not only will it help fight marvel from taking over tv and will also help them establish their cinematic universe faster
    Tim
    Tim

Post  Tim June 14th 2014, 2:27 pm

Concerning Gotham. What I am hearing is that Joker will be mentioned over and over, hints will be given. There will be a lot of red herrings as to which person they come across will eventually turn out to be the Joker one day. Those that have seen the pilot already say that Oswald Cobblepot (the Penguin) is one of the standouts of the show. They say its a lot more Police Proceedural than Smallville. Think the Gotham Central comic. Gordon and Harvey Bullock are a key relationship in the series and that Renee Montoya and Crispus Allen feature heavily.

In my opinion, if they do this right, this could be a show to beat. I am really looking forward to it.

Concerning Constantine. If you wondered if it would really be connected to the DC Universe or if it was just gonna try to be it's own thing...check out this trailer and it's cameo.

Also, here are some Flash Featurettes:

The Flash - Impossible Man

The Flash - S.T.A.R. Labs Team

Check out the names of the STAR Labs Team...more cameos

<><

><> ><> ><> <>< ><> ><>
    Be BOLD

><>
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter June 18th 2014, 7:35 pm

Looked a lot like Dr. Fate's Helmet in the Constantine Trailer! And could Crispus Allen mean an eventual introduction to The Spectre? (I'd prefer Jim Corrigan, but I'll take Allen if I have to.)

www.spiritblade.com
    Tim
    Tim

Post  Tim June 18th 2014, 7:55 pm

I could def see a very noir-ish Spectre done in a style like supernatural's angels. Nothing really flashy but maybe later in the series Crispus Allen dies n takes over for Jim Corrigan.

><> ><> ><> <>< ><> ><>
    Be BOLD

><>
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter June 19th 2014, 3:30 pm

Tim wrote:I could def see a very noir-ish Spectre done in a style like supernatural's angels. Nothing really flashy but maybe later in the series Crispus Allen dies n takes over for Jim Corrigan.

Crap I would love a spectre spin-off from either Gotham or Constantine. Like Dexter but with scary supernatural powers! GREAT potential for a weekly show!

www.spiritblade.com
    Tim
    Tim

Post  Tim June 26th 2014, 11:06 pm

I have seen the Flash Pilot...

...and it is gooooood.

That is all.

<><

><> ><> ><> <>< ><> ><>
    Be BOLD

><>
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter June 27th 2014, 11:27 am

Tim wrote:I have seen the Flash Pilot...

...and it is gooooood.

That is all.

<><

Ooooh, PUNK! JEALOUS!!!!!

www.spiritblade.com
    Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

Post  Drew.Rub July 3rd 2014, 1:42 pm

Tim wrote:I have seen the Flash Pilot...

...and it is gooooood.

That is all.

<><
    You earn a negative geek cred for not sharing!!! Smile
    Tim
    Tim

Post  Tim July 3rd 2014, 2:34 pm

Awe, come on, man... I don't have that many of those.

I would give a full review but I'm sure people don't want spoilers.

Maybe I could do a shawarma on it when I do my part on the listener created episode. What do u think, Paeter?

><> ><> ><> <>< ><> ><>
    Be BOLD

><>
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter July 4th 2014, 3:44 pm

Tim wrote:Awe, come on, man... I don't have that many of those.

I would give a full review but I'm sure people don't want spoilers.

Maybe I could do a shawarma on it when I do my part on the listener created episode. What do u think, Paeter?

Ooh, I don't know. I want to say yes, but I listen to all content submitted before posting it on a show and I don't want spoilers either.

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 6th 2024, 12:25 pm