Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

Ideas for Video Game Movies

Battlemech37
    Battlemech37

Activity : 53
    Geek-Cred : 0

Ideas for Video Game Movies Empty Ideas for Video Game Movies

Post  Battlemech37 October 11th 2014, 10:03 pm

Hat tip to Rickster for his post on the possibility of a Tetris movie. I don't know if this has already been discussed in this forum before, but I got to thinking of prior video-game related movies, potential video-game related movies we might like to see in the future - and ridiculous suggestions for movies based on a video game. What do you think?

My short list of great video game movies:

Wreck it Ralph
    Halo: Forward Unto Dawn
    The King of Kong: Fistful of Quarters (awesome Donkey Kong documentary)

Video Games that might work as Movies:

Killzone (quite a bit of drama and back story in this universe)
    Sly Cooper (would make a great animated movie)
    Wipeout (could be a pretty spectacular movie about futuristic racing, but may end up being too similar to Speed Racer)

Some Ridiculous Movie suggestions based on Video Games

Parappa the Rapper (Another rags to riches rapper story)
    Duke Nukem (woe to anyone who tries to bring this back as a movie)
    Minecraft (sure it's HUGE right now, but could it really be done as a movie?)
    Angry Birds (maybe as a scary continuation to Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds")
    Dig Dug (live action with a miner who uses an air hose to inflate creatures who invade his mine)
    Pac Man (live action with a man who dresses in a yellow suit and is known simply as... "The Pac Man")

tmorrill
    tmorrill

Activity : 405
    Geek-Cred : 20

Ideas for Video Game Movies Empty Re: Ideas for Video Game Movies

Post  tmorrill October 13th 2014, 12:53 am

Battlemech37 wrote:Hat tip to Rickster for his post on the possibility of a Tetris movie. I don't know if this has already been discussed in this forum before, but I got to thinking of prior video-game related movies, potential video-game related movies we might like to see in the future - and ridiculous suggestions for movies based on a video game. What do you think?

My short list of great video game movies:

Wreck it Ralph
    Halo: Forward Unto Dawn
    The King of Kong: Fistful of Quarters (awesome Donkey Kong documentary)

Video Games that might work as Movies:

Killzone (quite a bit of drama and back story in this universe)
    Sly Cooper (would make a great animated movie)
    Wipeout (could be a pretty spectacular movie about futuristic racing, but may end up being too similar to Speed Racer)

Some Ridiculous Movie suggestions based on Video Games

Parappa the Rapper (Another rags to riches rapper story)
    Duke Nukem (woe to anyone who tries to bring this back as a movie)
    Minecraft (sure it's HUGE right now, but could it really be done as a movie?)
    Angry Birds (maybe as a scary continuation to Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds")
    Dig Dug (live action with a miner who uses an air hose to inflate creatures who invade his mine)
    Pac Man (live action with a man who dresses in a yellow suit and is known simply as... "The Pac Man")

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1985949/
    CreatorsPixels
    CreatorsPixels

Activity : 236
    Geek-Cred : 8

Post  CreatorsPixels October 13th 2014, 7:07 am

Wreck it Ralph was great! So many nods back to the classics, was pretty cool!!

Personally I'd love to see a movie (an official one) from The Legend of Zelda. There is a ton of storyline here and would make for some great movies!! Then again most RPG's likely have enough story line, if someone would do it right. Sadly so many potentially good movies get really messed up....IE Super Mario Bros...

Now if you look at animated tv there are some better crossovers.....Mario, sonic, zelda (yes I like 80's cartoons!). Others??
    tmorrill
    tmorrill

Activity : 405
    Geek-Cred : 20

Post  tmorrill October 13th 2014, 9:28 pm

CreatorsPixels wrote: Then again most RPG's likely have enough story line, if someone would do it right.

The biggest problem especially with some of the modern RPG style games (Mass Effect, Fallout, and Red Dead Redemption come to mind immediately) the number of side plots, the multiple ways of going about the plot make it hard to include enough to make the people like it,

"My Courier wouldn't have worked with the NCR!"
    "My Shepard wouldn't have saved the Council!" etc etc etc etc.

The solution would be to make it something set in that universe rather than based on the game itself. It'd have to be something accessible that would draw other people in to rather than drive non-fans away. Something like the First Contact War if done right could do that.
    Battlemech37
    Battlemech37

Post  Battlemech37 October 14th 2014, 9:59 pm

[/quote]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1985949/
    [/quote]

Oh man, this is my Charlton Heston "Planet of the Apes" moment where I collapse on the beach staring at the wrecked statue of liberty....

Will anyone care about Angry Birds in 2016? Surely it's some dumb parody?

Battlemech37
    Battlemech37

Post  Battlemech37 October 14th 2014, 10:05 pm

CreatorsPixels wrote:Wreck it Ralph was great!  So many nods back to the classics, was pretty cool!!  

Personally I'd love to see a movie (an official one) from The Legend of Zelda.  There is a ton of storyline here and would make for some great movies!!  Then again most RPG's likely have enough story line, if someone would do it right.  Sadly so many potentially good movies get really messed up....IE  Super Mario Bros...

Now if you look at animated tv there are some better crossovers.....Mario, sonic, zelda (yes I like 80's cartoons!).  Others??

Have you seen this "trailer" for a Legend of Zelda movie Wink

http://ap.ign.com/en/home/31798/video/legend-of-zelda-movie-trailer-debut-april-fools

Pretty well done. Not sure about the costume for Link, and the makeup for Ganon, but there was some pretty spectacular stuff in there that does make you think they could maybe pull a movie off.
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster October 17th 2014, 3:18 am

They are doing a animated Sly Cooper movie

Would you rather have a video game movie adapts the story of the game or tell a original story inspired by the game?
    CreatorsPixels
    CreatorsPixels

Activity : 236
    Geek-Cred : 8

Post  CreatorsPixels October 18th 2014, 11:12 am

yeah its too bad IGN did that as an April fools joke! To bad they aren't like ThinkGeek and make it real once everyone really does want it! ( http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/bb2e/ ) anyone remember when that came out on April fools?

I guess there are always fan movies too......... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn1BPYYQw30

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 7th 2024, 1:23 pm