Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

5 posters

Bible in the flash

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Bible in the flash Empty Bible in the flash

Post  Rickster November 10th 2014, 4:42 pm

Last night i was watching the latest episode of the Flash and in the beginning of the scene where the cop was talking to his daughter about how her dating his partner is going to affect their relationship there was a end table with a pink book that looked a lot like a Bible. Did anyone else notice this?
    ComiKate
    ComiKate

Activity : 410
    Geek-Cred : 21

Bible in the flash Empty Re: Bible in the flash

Post  ComiKate December 3rd 2014, 3:29 pm

No, haven't seen that.

I really, really, REALLY like The Flash by the way, one of the best series currently on tv imo.
    mindspike
    mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 1035
    Geek-Cred : 39

Post  mindspike December 3rd 2014, 7:09 pm

I'm also loving The Flash. Great blend of mystery and action, even if I can't get over how *young* the actors are. Probably just a sign I'm getting *old*. LOL. The big question is, are you also watching Arrow?

We couldn't get through an episode of Arrow in the first season without two of the characters jumping into bed with each other. They toned that down for season two, and it hasn't happened yet this season. I also notice that it's absent from The Flash. I wonder if this is a change in their targeted demographic, if this is a change in the management of the character properties, or if there is something else at work. I think it's a change for the better, and these are definitely the best superhero shows we've seen in a long time.

They are right at the top of my viewing list, right behind Supernatural and the *best* show on television for my money... Grimm.

theden0minat0r

Activity : 3
    Geek-Cred : 0

Post  theden0minat0r December 12th 2014, 3:02 am

I must agree that the Flash is probably the best action TV show of the season. It boasts a great young cast of fresh faces and is anchored by hardened TV veterans Tom Cavanaugh, Jesse L Martin, and to an extent John Wesley Shipp.

I feel that the show has more going for it then all the other superhero shows put together this season including Arrow. I really like Arrow but it has it's draw backs. See what I did there?

1. Like I said before, this show has terrific casting, from the regular cast to the new the weekly rouges gallery, this show is packed with talent and is definately listening to the fans of the Flash. Whatevever you think about the 1991 show. Most probably don't remember it since it only lasted one season on CBS, and was preempted much of the time by the Gulf War. I was really impressed when it was revealed that the 1991 Flash was going to play the new Flash's dad. Now with the inclusion of the Tina McGee character (played by the original actress Amanda Pays), and the news the Mark Hamill will be returning as the Trickster. When other re-make shows try to stay away from the history of the original, these folks embrace the past with which only makes the show better!

2. The special effects on this show have been killer. The were great in the pilot, but have only gotten better over time. In one episode we saw Barry convincingly run up a building and run on water. Whether it's the Mist's green cloud, Capt. Cold's freeze gun, the awsome Reverse Flash, or freaking Firestorm!? The special Effects have been hands down insane. With talk of Gorilla Grodd on the horizon... All this on a CW show!? There has been nothing comparable to this. The last time anything came even close to this was Battlestar Galactica (2004) buried on the sci-fi channel.

3. Tone: This is a show that you can recommend to everyone. It's bright, it's well writen, and it's fun!! From the people I have introduced the show to all of them want to see more. They don't understand the myology. They don't understand the Myriad of in jokes and Easter eggs peppered throughout, but they understand good guy with super speed trying to make things better, which to this point has been somewhat successful. It's not brooding, and it's not as bogged down in relationship @$!@ as Arrow seems to be. That way we can focus more on the Flash, because that is why we watch the show. The Barry and Iris relationship was going nowhere fast. It's filler which is needed in a TV show that's 23 episodes long, but it's still filler. Indon't find myself wanting to fast forward through these scenes as muchas I do on Arrow. At this point while watching Arrow I pretty much fast forward through all the scenes with half the cast. If it's not Oliver, Diggle, Felicity, Roy, or Ray Palmer, I'm not interested. Laurel? Don't care! Fast forward. Thea? Don't care. Fast forward. The night Moira was killed I stood up and cheered. Hailing the fact that she would no longer be darkening the doorstep of my Apple TV. One down, two to go!

4. Real Super Powers!! I'm betting ome who read this might think this should be no.1 on my list and rightly so. This is a show about a (kinda) full fledged super hero, fighting real super villians. The sort of stuff previous shows ran away from because it was deemed too hard to do. Smallville was gun shy about showing Superman (Lois and Clark anyone) so the adopted the "no flights, no tights" rule. Even the creators of Arrow (many of which created Flash) were telling people early in season one the super powers were off limits. That the show had to be about extraordinary realism. It's now obvious that with the run away success of the Flash (which has been successful since before it aired as it was leaked online last summer) with fans and people new to the genre alike super powers are in and in a big bad way. The Flash will be like a gate way drug. Arrow will jump on the Super powers band wagon with A.T.O.M. CBS has given a green light for a series commitment for Supergirl next year. Not a pilot commitment, a SERIES. Of course it's from the same creators of the Flash. DC looks to be developing a "Titans" pilot based on the Teen Titans comics over on TNT. And withe the recently revealved Krypton being developed for the sci-fi channel. DC and super powers are back and in a huge way.

5. It has started continuity between shows. We can thank Marvel for starting this trend in the movies but it's not new on TV it's just really rare. Think Happy Days and Laverne and Shirley. Think Star Trek: the Next Generation and Star Trek Deep Space 9. Think The Golden Girls and Empty Nest. Ok, maybe we shouldn't thin about that (Rue McClanahan? NOOOOO!). The continuity between shows has been great for This show. Since Barry Allen was introduced last year in 2 episodes of Arrow. There has been rampant talk and anticipation for him to get to "suit up" as it were in his own show, and have the characters and villians from both shows cross over and interact together. What better than having a hit show? Having multiple hit shows that cross-over with inter personal relationships (taking the word lightly). The inter workings of which only make the individual shows better. When I showed a friend the Flash pilot she was shocked when Arrow appeared on a rooftop and spoke to the Flash. It took her a moment, but a light went on inside and she looked at me and said, "OK, sign me up." Clock King has already been a villian in both series and the two episode double header that aired a few weeks ago inter twining the two series casts was a ratings smash for the CW. Think the Flash on Supergirl. Supergirl on Arrow. Arrow on Titans. DC Entertainment has stated that there is no reason why the shows can't be connected in some way. The films won't be connected, but the shows sure as heck will be.

Well, those are my reasons why the Flash is the probably the best new action show on TV. It's been a great ride so far and we are only 9 episodes in to the first season. I haven't even gone into the connections to the comics but I have to stop somewhere! Whew.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter December 23rd 2014, 10:19 am

Cool! That reminds me that I should take advantage of the time off to get caught up! Thanks!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 29th 2024, 4:26 am