Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

Looking for Group (Heroes of the Storm)

fxruizx
    fxruizx

Activity : 169
    Geek-Cred : 1

Looking for Group (Heroes of the Storm) Empty Looking for Group (Heroes of the Storm)

Post  fxruizx June 22nd 2015, 3:04 pm

Wondering if any other CGs are playing Heroes of the Storm? I enjoy playing it, but would like to do so with people I know.

Ok so I don't really know anyone here much except for Paeter kinda and Mikel Withers a little, but hey that can change.

My Battletag is fxruizx#1704

What's your's, lets play sometime Smile
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Looking for Group (Heroes of the Storm) Empty Re: Looking for Group (Heroes of the Storm)

Post  Paeter June 22nd 2015, 11:47 pm

That's free to play, right? Do you know that the monetization scheme is and how easy it would be to play free versus getting caught up in micro-transactions?

Competition brings out a weakness of mine, so I tend to avoid it. But I'm curious what you think of the game so far. What do you like about it and how does it compare to other MOBAs?

www.spiritblade.com
    fxruizx
    fxruizx

Activity : 169
    Geek-Cred : 1

Looking for Group (Heroes of the Storm) Empty Re: Looking for Group (Heroes of the Storm)

Post  fxruizx June 23rd 2015, 2:49 pm

Yup, Heroes is free, unless you choose to buy heros/skins/mounts/etc. But when you play, even if you lose matches, you still get some in-game gold, and you can always buy heroes with in-game gold - so you never have to add to Blizzard's Duckberg Money Vault to get the character you want to play, you just have to play other characters (every week there are different characters you can play for free) until you save enough. This is how I play.

From a gameplay perspective, it's really easy to get into. I haven't played DOTA or LOL, but have played MOBAs that ran on Warcraft 3 and Starcraft 2, and it plays like those.

Things I like:
    • Team shares leveling, instead of you having to level yourself
    • The problem solving aspect of trying different strategies and character talent builds
    • That matches are self contained, so each one is a fresh start, as opposed to something like WoW where you are perpetually trying to get to the next level. I can play 1 of 5 games, and they don't impact one another

Things I don't like:
    • The occasional person that just has to tell me I am doing something wrong. /MUTED
    • Not having more friends to play with so that we can develop strategies that work well on a team level

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 6th 2024, 9:31 pm