Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

Deadpool Trailer(s)

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Deadpool Trailer(s) Empty Deadpool Trailer(s)

Post  Paeter August 5th 2015, 10:54 am

Any Deadpool fans want to weigh in on the trailer(s)? Here's the Green Band trailer, which links to the red band at the end if you want to check that one out:

I'm thinking (based on the red band trailer) that this could be a great way to shake things up in the super-hero movie world. I'm specifically thinking about the 4th wall violations. As long as it doesn't become a trend that everyone thinks they need to do.

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Deadpool Trailer(s) Empty Re: Deadpool Trailer(s)

Post  Rickster August 6th 2015, 12:00 am

i just played the deadpool game and there was one part that had me laughing so hard i have some hope for this movie. Paeter what did you think of the green lanturn joke?
    mikel.withers
    mikel.withers

Activity : 723
    Geek-Cred : 9

Post  mikel.withers August 6th 2015, 8:12 am

Let me preface my statement:
    I grew up in a very strict Christian home, went to church 3 times a week, went to the church's private school through 6th grade, I say "bad words" instead of bad words...I can also make friends with just about anyone from any background, I left the "bubble" for quite a time (I guess I'm back in now that I work at a church), I played rugby with a group of, um, ... rowdy... individuals, and so forth.
    I'm still not a fan of foul language, but I'm much more concerned with my avoiding using it than restricting others.
    So...
    No, I'm not a Deadpool fan, but I might end up being one.
    I really hope the trailer didn't give us the sum total of all good from the movie, and judging off of other Marvel movies, I'm guessing it didn't. As it is, I can't wait to see this movie.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter August 6th 2015, 10:34 am

Rickster wrote: Paeter what did you think of the green lanturn joke?

That was great! I heard about it before seeing the trailer, though. So it was just a little bit spoiled for me. Loved Colossus being in it, or some version of him. (Didn't look like the one from recent movies.) I'd LOVE to see a bunch of Marvel characters show up (as figments of his mind or otherwise) in this and future Deadpool movies, and give him a chance to bounce off them or kill them or just do whatever. There is so much potential for them to cut loose with this movie in terms of story. I hope they take advantage of that and give us something truly original and different from either the Fox or Disney Marvel movies.

www.spiritblade.com
    jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1094
    Geek-Cred : 7

Post  jorowi August 6th 2015, 12:24 pm

Since day one I haven't been looking forward to this movie. This trailer confirmed why.

Twitter
    Instagram

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 28th 2024, 7:33 am