Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

Extended Version of The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies Gets an "R" Rating

jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1095
    Geek-Cred : 7

Extended Version of The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies Gets an "R" Rating Empty Extended Version of The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies Gets an "R" Rating

Post  jorowi August 7th 2015, 7:50 am

It appears what was left on the cutting room floor of this complete desecration of The Hobbit was more CG violence.

Can someone please ban Peter Jackson from making movies? Please?

Twitter
    Instagram
    fxruizx
    fxruizx

Activity : 169
    Geek-Cred : 1

Extended Version of The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies Gets an "R" Rating Empty Re: Extended Version of The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies Gets an "R" Rating

Post  fxruizx August 9th 2015, 5:30 pm

jorowi wrote:Can someone please ban Peter Jackson from making movies? Please?

I am not all that versed in the politics behind The Hobbit-sis production but are we totally sure it is all PJ's fault that we have over the top CG - could there be any producers/studio heads that influenced the decision?

Regardless, interesting to hear this news about the rating.
    Nathan James Norman
    Nathan James Norman
    Alliance Member

Activity : 805
    Geek-Cred : 47

Extended Version of The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies Gets an "R" Rating Empty Re: Extended Version of The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies Gets an "R" Rating

Post  Nathan James Norman August 10th 2015, 7:07 am

Very interesting...

But I assume that there's even more extended action sequences as a result.
    Frankly, BotFA had too much extended action. Action is good, but when it goes on too long I find myself rather bored.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter August 13th 2015, 10:05 am

fxruizx wrote:

I am not all that versed in the politics behind The Hobbit-sis production but are we totally sure it is all PJ's fault that we have over the top CG

So interesting, since he used a ton of practical/make-up effects early in his career (and in much of LOTR!) but has been steering more and more drastically to CG.

I'm ready for a Jackson horror movie that brings him back to his roots a bit. (Dead Alive 2?)

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 17th 2024, 3:56 am