Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

Cyberpunk 2077 ESRB Rating Summary

jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1095
    Geek-Cred : 7

Cyberpunk 2077 ESRB Rating Summary Empty Cyberpunk 2077 ESRB Rating Summary

Post  jorowi May 6th 2020, 2:31 pm

Well, there's that!

The game contains nudity and sexual material: Players can select a gender and customize their character; customization can include depictions of breasts, buttocks, and genitalia, as well as various sizes and combinations of genitals.

Needless to say, it's rated "M" for aRe yOu oUt oF yOuR fReAkInG mInD!?

Twitter
    Instagram
    AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 835
    Geek-Cred : 4

Cyberpunk 2077 ESRB Rating Summary Empty Re: Cyberpunk 2077 ESRB Rating Summary

Post  AGoodReed May 6th 2020, 6:36 pm

affraid affraid affraid
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Post  AdamCollings May 6th 2020, 9:46 pm

Cyberpunk 2077 ESRB Rating Summary Image028
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter May 7th 2020, 11:59 am

Yeah. Totally off the rails and just feels like a temperature read of where we're at today.

But I'm less shocked than you guys to see this in a game because I've played the Saints Row games, which give you very similar-sounding options. That said, Saints Row, even M-rated, blurred out actual nudity, and those options were basically included as jokes. Seeing these options, which apparently involve full genital nudity, strikes me as enabling unhealthy behavior.

Already games media personalities are approving it as being both supportive to multiple gender identities and in keeping with the themes of body modification inherent to the Cyberpunk genre. (I think these will be the reasons given for the feature if the development team gives a comment.) But I also suspect a prideful "edgy subversiveness for the sake of being edgy and subversive", as well as an underlying, unspoken objectification of the human body and human sexuality. This is just where we're at and what we gravitate toward when we remove meaning, purpose and value from human sexuality. Our bodies just become purposeless, valueless amusement parks that we try to get fun out of wherever and however we can get it.

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 2nd 2024, 3:01 pm