Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

"The Remaining" Christian Horror Film

Nathan James Norman
    Nathan James Norman
    Alliance Member

Activity : 805
    Geek-Cred : 47

"The Remaining" Christian Horror Film Empty "The Remaining" Christian Horror Film

Post  Nathan James Norman August 24th 2015, 7:18 pm

Has anyone seen this film?
    It looks pretty interesting:

fxruizx
    fxruizx

Activity : 169
    Geek-Cred : 1

"The Remaining" Christian Horror Film Empty Re: "The Remaining" Christian Horror Film

Post  fxruizx August 25th 2015, 8:55 am

Agree that it looks interesting, but I wonder:
    - Who do you think the audience for this is - do you think that non-Christians would go and see this movie?
    - Why are end times movies always set in present day - seems like it is just as possible that Christ would come in another 1000 years, as he would today? Where is my scifi epic end-times movie Wink
    Nathan James Norman
    Nathan James Norman
    Alliance Member

"The Remaining" Christian Horror Film Empty Re: "The Remaining" Christian Horror Film

Post  Nathan James Norman August 25th 2015, 9:36 am

fxruizx wrote:Agree that it looks interesting, but I wonder:
    - Who do you think the audience for this is - do you think that non-Christians would go and see this movie?
    - Why are end times movies always set in present day - seems like it is just as possible that Christ would come in another 1000 years, as he would today? Where is my scifi epic end-times movie Wink

It looks like the film was directed at Christians... but I haven't heard anything about it, so they didn't do a very good job of promoting it!

My guess about end-times movies being set in the present is because of budget. It's a lot more economical than building sets for a sci-fi flick!

(Although "Six" was a Christian semi-science fiction end times movie that was half way decent.)

I'm with you, though... I want my end-times scifi movie... actually, lets just drop the end times stuff! Smile
    fxruizx
    fxruizx

Post  fxruizx August 25th 2015, 10:27 am

Nathan James Norman wrote:(Although "Six" was a Christian semi-science fiction end times movie that was half way decent.)
    Had not heard of Six, and surprised to hear it was halfway decent after watching the trailer just now, but cool. I also forgot about this other end-times, set in the near future movie, Rumors of War - haven't seen it though.

Nathan James Norman wrote:I'm with you, though... I want my end-times scifi movie... actually, lets just drop the end times stuff! Smile

OOH so just scifi well May the Force be with you on that one Wink
    Nathan James Norman
    Nathan James Norman
    Alliance Member

Post  Nathan James Norman August 25th 2015, 2:45 pm

That looks half way decent as well.

I have to say, though, when I evaluate Christian produced films, I'm doing so based on their financial equivalents. So these films would be measured against something like Paranormal Activity (the first one) instead of The Avengers!

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter August 25th 2015, 5:49 pm

fxruizx wrote:
    - Why are end times movies always set in present day
    It could also be that there seems to be a general desire among Christians to believe/hope that the rapture could happen at any given moment. Maybe storytellers feel that a distant future rapture dampens the hope of an "any moment" rapture or reduces the fear of Judgment coming at any time? If Rapture/End Times stories are intended to serve as a warning to viewers, the warning has potentially more power if we walk away feeling like "this could happen to me tomorrow".

www.spiritblade.com
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter August 25th 2015, 5:55 pm

Nathan James Norman wrote:

(Although "Six" was a Christian semi-science fiction end times movie that was half way decent.)

Can you post a trailer for this? Can't find it on youtube.

www.spiritblade.com
    Nathan James Norman
    Nathan James Norman
    Alliance Member

Post  Nathan James Norman August 25th 2015, 6:12 pm

Here it is
    fxruizx
    fxruizx

Post  fxruizx August 25th 2015, 6:25 pm

Paeter wrote:
    It could also be that there seems to be a general desire among Christians to believe/hope that the rapture could happen at any given moment. Maybe storytellers feel that a distant future rapture dampens the hope of an "any moment" rapture or reduces the fear of Judgment coming at any time? If Rapture/End Times stories are intended to serve as a warning to viewers, the warning has potentially more power if we walk away feeling like "this could happen to me tomorrow".

That is actually a really good point Paeter. My only challenge then would be to make a multi-generational or longer story structure, perhaps in the vein of The Fountain or Cloud Atlas( <-- never saw this one), or The Foundation book series.

It's been a bit since I read through revelation, but maybe a progression like the seven signs happen in present day, the seven trumpets maybe a couple hundred years out, and then the bowls 1000 years out. I suppose you would thread them together by seeing how characters choices during the present day impact people in the future either turning to Christ, or to the Beast.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter August 26th 2015, 5:24 pm

fxruizx wrote:

It's been a bit since I read through revelation, but maybe a progression like the seven signs happen in present day, the seven trumpets maybe a couple hundred years out, and then the bowls 1000 years out. I suppose you would thread them together by seeing how characters choices during the present day impact people in the future either turning to Christ, or to the Beast.

Personally, I'd love to see a story about the final uprising against Christ at the end of his 1000 year reign, in which the story is told from the viewpoint of the rebellion, but in a way that doesn't cast them as heroes but tragic figures. Could result in an ending that is both heavy and sad but with a sense if triumph and hope. I'd similarly like to tell a story someday about someone living in Hell. Super heavy, tragic stuff, with a setting that could be crazy imaginative, and a story that could have real impact. We'll see. It's on my "bucket list". ;-)

www.spiritblade.com
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter August 26th 2015, 5:26 pm

Nathan James Norman wrote:

Here it is

Thanks, Nathan! I vaguely remember promos for this now! Jeffrey Dean Morgan? Wow! Wonder if he's a believer. I heard Stephen Baldwin became one. I wonder how he's doing now.

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster November 3rd 2015, 11:20 pm

Paeter wrote:
    Personally, I'd love to see a story about the final uprising against Christ at the end of his 1000 year reign

I really would like to see that too it's a time that is often ignored and I want to know how is satin released does God let him out or does someone do something to let him out? sort of like how Adam and Eve eating the fruit caused sin to come into the world

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 19th 2024, 12:18 am