Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

+2
mikel.withers
Rickster
6 posters

When will you be seeing the Star Wars: The Force Awakens?

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

When will you be seeing the Star Wars: The Force Awakens? Empty When will you be seeing the Star Wars: The Force Awakens?

Post  Rickster December 1st 2015, 10:09 pm

So its December and the month of Christmas, the end of the year but before that we have the release of the newest Star Wars movie.

So when are you going to see it?

I'm seeing it with my Sister and Grandma at the 7pm 3D showing on the 17th?
    mikel.withers
    mikel.withers

Activity : 723
    Geek-Cred : 9

When will you be seeing the Star Wars: The Force Awakens? Empty Re: When will you be seeing the Star Wars: The Force Awakens?

Post  mikel.withers December 2nd 2015, 9:17 am

I plan on going as soon as I can, but without rushing it.
    I was at the second showing of Episode 1 (If I recall, it was midnight, with a 10pm showing before it), but that was on a gift ticket. I can wait for a week or so.
    I'm hoping to find that sweet spot between "shoulder to shoulder fans" and "the whole movie has been spoiled".
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

When will you be seeing the Star Wars: The Force Awakens? Empty Re: When will you be seeing the Star Wars: The Force Awakens?

Post  Paeter December 3rd 2015, 11:41 am

mikel.withers wrote:I'm hoping to find that sweet spot between "shoulder to shoulder fans" and "the whole movie has been spoiled".

Me too!

I haven't bought tickets yet, so maybe I'll be out of luck, but Holly and I are hoping to go on Monday the 21st. (So yes folks, that means the final podcast of the year will probably be published a few days late. Although if the 21st doesn't work I'll have to wait till after Christmas, which means my review would come with the first Ep of the new year.)

I'll probably talk about this on the podcast, especially if I'm not able to see the movie before Christmas, but when there is this much excitement over a new movie, I like to avoid seeing it with the super-excited people. Too many of them like to make noises or exclamations while viewing ("I knew it!" "No, please no!") and it gets really distracting for me. Even laughs or cheers can cover up dialogue, and excited crowds yield (I think) an undeserved number of laughs and cheers per-minute. (That's why I enjoy the opportunity I usually have to see movies Friday mornings when most people are still at school or work.) Geeks of the world, you know I love you and I'm glad you're enjoying yourselves! But please contain yourselves so others can enjoy the sights and sounds they paid for!

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster December 3rd 2015, 1:35 pm

I'm probably going to have to go and get in line early because my grandma is going with me and since she is in a wheel chair we will have a limited choice in seating
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Post  AdamCollings December 3rd 2015, 5:39 pm

I'll want to see it pretty close to when it comes out. Biggest issue is I'll have to figure out what to do with the kids. I'd like to go with my wife, rather than alone, which means babysitting. It'll be so much easier in a few years. I'd love to share this film with my kids, but I'm not taking a 10 and 8 year old to see an M rated movie.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter December 4th 2015, 11:44 am

AdamCollings wrote:I'll want to see it pretty close to when it comes out. Biggest issue is I'll have to figure out what to do with the kids. I'd like to go with my wife, rather than alone, which means babysitting. It'll be so much easier in a few years. I'd love to share this film with my kids, but I'm not taking a 10 and 8 year old to see an M rated movie.
    Same issue for us. We found a theater last year that will watch your kids (for a price) during the movie and now and then it works great and costs less than a sitter! Will probably use that this time.

www.spiritblade.com
    CreatorsPixels
    CreatorsPixels

Activity : 236
    Geek-Cred : 8

Post  CreatorsPixels December 5th 2015, 11:27 am

We just did reserved seating for IMAX for 12/22 in the am. Only $10 so not too bad. It was booked solid and the first 2 days were straight sold out already. No way I'd just show up and hope to get in!
    ComiKate
    ComiKate

Activity : 410
    Geek-Cred : 21

Post  ComiKate December 9th 2015, 6:17 pm

I'm hoping to see it Thursday 17th at the 21:15 showing, that way avoiding at least the kids, or so I hope.
    That is, provided I'll be able to acquire tickets at all.

I'm taking a friend who - brace yourselves - has never seen any SW movie at all!
    So I convinced her to come have a SW Original Trilogy marathon at my place coming Saturday, so yea! cheers cheers

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 2nd 2024, 6:09 am