Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

New Civil War trailer

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

New Civil War trailer Empty New Civil War trailer

Post  Rickster March 10th 2016, 2:19 pm

here is the newest trailer for Capt America Civil War

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

New Civil War trailer Empty Re: New Civil War trailer

Post  Paeter March 10th 2016, 4:14 pm

Beat me to it!

Well, I love it! Looks like the Avengers 2 we all wanted and should have gotten. So many great things happening, the serious tone my favorite among them. Although the serious tone and attempt at groundedness gets thrown off the rooftop when Spider-man shows up. My LEAST favorite of all movie spidey costumes. Looks like exactly what Tony calls it and the eyes are cartoons.

Okay, that's harsh, so someone come to his defense here.

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Post  Rickster March 10th 2016, 4:23 pm

I can see why people don't like the costume but I think it looks like something a teenager sewed in his basement so I think it does fit.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter March 10th 2016, 5:48 pm

Rickster wrote:I can see why people don't like the costume but I think it looks like something a teenager sewed in his basement so I think it does fit.
    I can totally get on board with that! Hopefully they'll take that direction! Great idea!

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Post  Rickster March 10th 2016, 9:45 pm

Also I heard he gets 3 different costumes in this movie so this might be an early costume
    mikel.withers
    mikel.withers

Activity : 723
    Geek-Cred : 9

Post  mikel.withers March 11th 2016, 8:40 am

I dunno, I think it's starting to lose me.
    The action looks terrific, like I'd expect from the MCU, but I'm not feeling the story. I know, I know, it's just a trailer... I'll watch the movie, don't get me wrong, but it better have some umphh to it or I'm walking away.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter March 14th 2016, 2:34 pm

mikel.withers wrote:I dunno, I think it's starting to lose me.
    The action looks terrific, like I'd expect from the MCU, but I'm not feeling the story. I know, I know, it's just a trailer... I'll watch the movie, don't get me wrong, but it better have some umphh to it or I'm walking away.

Now you've got me curious! Is there a Marvel movie you'd point to as having the kind of "umphh" you're talking about?

www.spiritblade.com
    jazzact13

Activity : 267
    Geek-Cred : 3

Post  jazzact13 March 20th 2016, 9:59 pm

I read the main story for "Civil War", and a few sides things, too. It simply doesn't seem like the movie has the same large-scale feel that the comics managed.

The comics had elements like the hero registration law, Spider-Man publicly showing his real face, the prison in another dimension, Cap and his allies going underground, one of Cap's allies being killed by a bizarre Thor-like thing that some of Stark's allies had created. I guess that the movie is going to try to get some similar elements.

It looks like it'll still be a good one to see, and maybe it's too much to ask for a movie to have all the same things, especially the vast number of heroes, that the comics had.
    mikel.withers
    mikel.withers

Activity : 723
    Geek-Cred : 9

Post  mikel.withers March 21st 2016, 8:35 am

Paeter wrote:

Now you've got me curious! Is there a Marvel movie you'd point to as having the kind of "umphh" you're talking about?
    Ironman, the original. Others had some... Age of Ultron, although one of my least favorites overall had something to bite into with Hawkeye. Captain America had some, at least in the beginning. I never felt like Captain America was ambiguous... he's simply the good guy.
    I'd point to those three as having at least the possibility of real pain and personal consequences. "Saving the World" is just too abstract to really connect with. ...but "romancing that human chick on my weekend in the desert" is a little too personal, if you know what I mean. (Thor)

Brody... hmmm, I hope we actually get to meet Brody before he falls from the sky... I mean so far he's been introduced as the guy who might take over Ironman when Downey Jr. leaves, but aside from a couple lines here and there he's just Stark's airforce friend. What does Stark lose when/if he dies? A contact? Some military influence? A party guest? They seem more like acquaintances than ...then... than friends to me. Like if Dr. Selvig died, Thor would be all like "Well, that's a bummer" but would it mean something to him? Not really... "Maybe earthchick needs some comforting"...
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter March 23rd 2016, 5:23 pm

jazzact13 wrote:I read the main story for "Civil War", and a few sides things, too. It simply doesn't seem like the movie has the same large-scale feel that the comics managed.

I don't read much Marvel but I did read this and really enjoyed it. I'm basically not expecting anything remotely like the comic story aside from the same central conflict. But who knows?

Also, it just occurred to me after your comment... does Spidey still wear a mask in the comics after outing himself? If so, why? (Not like he needs to make it easier for the CGI guys to do their job.)

www.spiritblade.com
    jazzact13

Activity : 267
    Geek-Cred : 3

Post  jazzact13 March 23rd 2016, 11:57 pm

Paeter wrote:
    jazzact13 wrote:I read the main story for "Civil War", and a few sides things, too. It simply doesn't seem like the movie has the same large-scale feel that the comics managed.

I don't read much Marvel but I did read this and really enjoyed it. I'm basically not expecting anything remotely like the comic story aside from the same central conflict. But who knows?

Also, it just occurred to me after your comment... does Spidey still wear a mask in the comics after outing himself? If so, why? (Not like he needs to make it easier for the CGI guys to do their job.)

I think he did keep wearing the mask. It's a big part of his costume, I guess.
    Rickster
    Rickster

Post  Rickster March 24th 2016, 1:00 am

Just saw they're going to have a Captain America movie marathon (the three Capt movies and the two avengers) and I'm thinking about trying to go. Best part you get a medal for doing it.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 7th 2024, 3:17 pm