Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

DC's 52s and another Civil War?

jazzact13

Activity : 267
    Geek-Cred : 3

DC's 52s and another Civil War? Empty DC's 52s and another Civil War?

Post  jazzact13 May 30th 2016, 9:30 pm

With the exception of reading a good bit of "Injustice: Gods Among Us", I haven't read much from DC Comics sense Darkest Night. One reason was that it seemed like they kept on doing 52s. Maybe it's just the perspective of one who hasn't followed the comics all that much, but it seems like they've done three or four 52 series, counting the original. It just looks like the rehashing of old ideas.

And just today, at a book store, I noticed that Marvel is doing another Civil War series. What next, a TV remake of MacGyver?

Oh, wait...
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

DC's 52s and another Civil War? Empty Re: DC's 52s and another Civil War?

Post  Paeter May 31st 2016, 10:53 am

I've got a theory, based on no facts whatsoever. (Which actually makes it no more than sloppy speculation.)

I think comics sales are suffering because we have so many superhero movies, shows and games and publishers are trying to just do what has worked in the past.

Personally. I think comic books as a whole may be in trouble. It used to be that to get a superhero fix you had to buy comics. But I'm still every bit the superhero fan I've always been, but I get my fix from other types of media entirely.

My vote would be for comics to take the "AMC/Netfilx" approach. Far fewer titles but with only the best talent and release in bursts all at once a few times a year. This builds anticipation and makes comic publishing a buzz-worthy event and also makes the chances of reading quality comics much greater.

www.spiritblade.com
    cleireac
    cleireac

Activity : 388
    Geek-Cred : 7

Post  cleireac May 31st 2016, 2:31 pm

Paeter wrote:My vote would be for comics to take the "AMC/Netfilx" approach. Far fewer titles but with only the best talent and release in bursts all at once a few times a year. This builds anticipation and makes comic publishing a buzz-worthy event and also makes the chances of reading quality comics much greater.

This makes a lot of sense and is further evidence of why Paeter is Lord of the High Council of the Geeks.

Wink
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter June 1st 2016, 10:41 am

cleireac wrote:
    This makes a lot of sense and is further evidence of why Paeter is Lord of the High Council of the Geeks.
    Wink

HEY! I said I want to be the court jester! Or the court magician if we're doing fantasy. (Mmmmm. Purple lighting.....)

www.spiritblade.com
    cleireac
    cleireac

Activity : 388
    Geek-Cred : 7

Post  cleireac June 1st 2016, 12:20 pm

Paeter wrote:(Mmmmm. Purple lighting.....)

Somehow I think that's better than Purple Rain.....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 10th 2024, 1:52 am