Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

Show Hope Agape Geekout, Spring 2016!

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Show Hope Agape Geekout, Spring 2016! Empty Show Hope Agape Geekout, Spring 2016!

Post  Paeter March 30th 2016, 9:49 am

Has anyone taken a look at the their calendar yet?

For those who don't listen to the SBU podcast:

Our spring Agape Geekout community event is coming this April! This time we're raising funds and awareness for the orphan/adoption ministry of Show Hope! [url=showhope.org]showhope.org[/url]

God has a heart for orphans and for adoption. Deuteronomy repeatedly commands Israel to care for "the fatherless". James tells us to look after orphans. (James 1:27) God himself has adopted all non-Jewish believers into his family. (Romans 8:15)

In a nutshell, the idea is to host an event (large or small) in person in which you do something geeky and fun while raising funds and awareness for the charity/ministry selected (showhope.org in this case). Of course you can do "[url=agapegeekout.com]Agape Geekouts[/url]" for any organization any time of year, but twice a year I'm hoping we can combine our efforts toward a singular focus.

I'm hosting a small game night April 9th and will probably put a basket out with some info about show hope, maybe show a video promo for the ministry part way through. But it's otherwise probably just going to be a regular game night with my regular group of college students that I game with monthly. Not pushing for a goal number like I do with Extra-Life. This event is more about raising awareness.

I hope you'll look at your April calendar and schedule an event, small or large, where you can invite those in your life to enjoy what you enjoy while helping you participate in what God is calling us to!

www.spiritblade.com
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Show Hope Agape Geekout, Spring 2016! Empty Re: Show Hope Agape Geekout, Spring 2016!

Post  Paeter April 11th 2016, 5:38 pm

My Agape Geekout for Show Hope was held last Saturday the 9th and went really well! We had a number of new faces along with the usual gaming group and had all kinds of gaming going on including: Doom, The Board Game, Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes, Dragon Age: Origins, Rezogun and Borderlands.

Halfway through the night I announced my "killing of the buzz" and gathered everyone around our TV where I played the promo for Show Hope from their website. My main intent was to just imprint a memory of Showhope in the minds of these college students for them to come back to once they have income in the not too distant future. But despite this focus we still raised over $30 dollars!

I was really happy with how the event went and look forward to doing another one!

www.spiritblade.com
    mikel.withers
    mikel.withers

Activity : 723
    Geek-Cred : 9

Show Hope Agape Geekout, Spring 2016! Empty Re: Show Hope Agape Geekout, Spring 2016!

Post  mikel.withers April 12th 2016, 7:58 am

Nice.
    You never know how much a video can touch the life of a younger person.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 6th 2024, 5:49 am