Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

"A Silent Voice" Anime Film Trailer

jazzact13

Activity : 267
    Geek-Cred : 3

"A Silent Voice" Anime Film Trailer Empty "A Silent Voice" Anime Film Trailer

Post  jazzact13 April 14th 2016, 10:11 pm

I think I mentioned this movie in my intro, but this is the first trailer for it that I've seen. The art looks nice, and while it doesn't show much story-wise, it does show both main characters as kids and then a few years later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0SbDiDf3l0
    jazzact13

"A Silent Voice" Anime Film Trailer Empty Re: "A Silent Voice" Anime Film Trailer

Post  jazzact13 July 8th 2016, 10:07 am

It looks like a second, longer trailer has been released. I'm surprised they're going to try to put so much of the manga's story into the movie, but if it works, it'll be very, very good.

jazzact13

"A Silent Voice" Anime Film Trailer Empty Re: "A Silent Voice" Anime Film Trailer

Post  jazzact13 September 6th 2016, 11:34 pm

Kyoto Animation is doing some promotional work for the movie as the release date approaches. This TV spot has some preview material in it. Most of it focuses an the first part of the story from the manga, when Shoya and Shoko are still kids. Makes for a bit a tough viewing, because this was when Shoya was treating her badly.

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter September 7th 2016, 9:43 am

REALLY nice art and animation. U.S. cell animation is almost always a downgrade from the comic book page, but any one of those frames could be used in a comic book. Beautiful detail.

www.spiritblade.com
    jazzact13

Post  jazzact13 September 8th 2016, 11:13 pm

I'll admit to a bit of unease when I heard they were doing a movie for the story instead of an anime series, as it wasn't a long manga series but there was enough to make for a good season of episodes to tell the story well. But the more they've shown of the movie, the more my skepticism has decreased. And though I'm not completely sure this, I've seen some sources that claim it'll be a movie that'll go a bit over a couple of hours. It seems like Kyoto Animation has taken this project very seriously, and that'll likely mean a very high quality movie.

If you remember the Violet Evergarden trailer, you might want to know that this movie is being put out by the same studio, Kyoto Animation. It's doesn't have the flash and flair of the Violet Evergarden trailer, but yes it's just as well done.
    jazzact13

Post  jazzact13 July 21st 2017, 10:07 pm

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/07/02-1/eleven-arts-announces-us-screening-plans-for-a-silent-voice-and-more-films

Film distributor and licensor Eleven Arts held its panel on Saturday afternoon to announce a few new acqusitions for its library of feature films and announced one highly-anticipated title in "A Silent Voice". The 2016 feature film adaptation of the manga by Yoshitoki Ōima was produced by Kyoto Animation and received numerous awards over the last year and a half such as the Japan Media Arts Festival Award for Animated Excellence.

The film will screen starting in October along with the Magical Lyrical Nanoha film called Magical Lyrical Nanoha Reflection. Eleven Arts detailed its acquisition of the 1979 feature film Lupin the Third: Castle of Cagliostro,which marked Hayao Miyazaki's directorial debut and will screen in September.

Not many specifics, such as how wide this they plan to distribute the movie in theaters. I'm not holding out much hope for being able to see it in the theater, not being close to any major cities, but it's good to know it's slowly coming this way. Really wish they'd hurry and get the discs here in the US, as several other countries already have them.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter July 24th 2017, 3:37 pm

That must really be something to be able to watch anime movies regularly in theaters in Japan. Of course in Japan don't they also have a running thread on screen in theaters of things people live text as commentary to the movie? Ech...

www.spiritblade.com
    jazzact13

Post  jazzact13 September 20th 2017, 12:54 am

The movie is going to be in theaters in October, not a huge release but so far about 50 theaters, with maybe more to be added to the list. Sadly, none nearer to me than a few hours, unless something closer is added.

Theaters showing A Silent Voice
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter September 20th 2017, 10:17 am

jazzact13 wrote:The movie is going to be in theaters in October, not a huge release but so far about 50 theaters, with maybe more to be added to the list. Sadly, none nearer to me than a few hours, unless something closer is added.

My parents go to the theater in Tempe, AZ that will be showing it. Doubt they'd watch an anime, though.

www.spiritblade.com
    jazzact13

Post  jazzact13 September 22nd 2017, 10:47 pm

Paeter wrote:
    jazzact13 wrote:The movie is going to be in theaters in October, not a huge release but so far about 50 theaters, with maybe more to be added to the list. Sadly, none nearer to me than a few hours, unless something closer is added.

My parents go to the theater in Tempe, AZ that will be showing it. Doubt they'd watch an anime, though.

This may well be one that non-anime people will like, as it's more of a real-world, real-life story than a far-out sci-fi or fantasy thing. On the other hand, I think it's going to be shown with sub-titles, so if someone isn't used to that, they may find it frustrating.
    jazzact13

Post  jazzact13 October 24th 2017, 10:06 am

Finally got to see the movie last night. Well worth the wait.

It stays pretty close to the story in the manga, given the time limit. Some of the added stuff was very good.

The movie is a bit over two hours long, and I sat engrossed in it through the whole thing, which is very unusual for me.

I'm gladly to have finally seen it, and can strongly recommend it.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter October 25th 2017, 9:47 am

Cool! Glad it lived up to your expectations! I know how rewarding that is to have a property you enjoy treated well when translated to other media forms!

www.spiritblade.com
    Craig

Activity : 5
    Geek-Cred : 0

Post  Craig February 23rd 2022, 4:17 am

jazzact13 wrote:Finally got to see the movie last night. Well worth the wait.

It stays pretty close to the story in the manga, given the time limit. Some of the added stuff was very good.

The movie is a bit over two hours long, and I sat engrossed in it through the whole thing, which is very unusual for me.

I'm gladly to have finally seen it, and can strongly recommend it.

I have actually also seen this movie and per recommendation from a youtuber who did a Christian perspective on it. Unfortunately that video seems to have been taken down, but interestingly enough the themes in this movie are what made it so great. Matters of bullying, loneliness and depression, then transitioning into friendship, forgiveness and reconciliation. I'm not the only one that cried at the end right?:/

But I definitely think if you can get past some of the harsher aspects seen in the bullying, it becomes a truly worthwhile watch and something that a believer could easily see relevant matters in.

AGoodReed likes this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 9th 2024, 8:07 pm