Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

Who you gonna call?

UKSteve
    UKSteve

Activity : 354
    Geek-Cred : 10

Who you gonna call? Empty Who you gonna call?

Post  UKSteve July 21st 2016, 3:06 pm

Yeah I kinda feel like I'm becoming the resident Ghosthead here, which I suppose is well deserved unless anyone else drives an Ectomobile of a weekend...

Anyway, for the interested, I have a few thoughts posted around the interwebs which you might wish to read:

A review of the 2016 movie
    a review of the 1984 ZX Spectrum game
    and a review of the 1984 Amstrad computer game (which is in large part the same as the Spectrum game)
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Who you gonna call? Empty Re: Who you gonna call?

Post  Paeter July 21st 2016, 4:00 pm

Have you played the ghostbusters game that came out for consoles a few years ago?

www.spiritblade.com
    jazzact13

Activity : 267
    Geek-Cred : 3

Post  jazzact13 July 21st 2016, 10:32 pm

I remember the Ghostbusters game for the first Sega system. Driving around the city trying to keep Staypuff from smashing buildings, then climbing stairs in a building to get to the big bad at the top. It was pretty fun, at the time.
    mikel.withers
    mikel.withers

Activity : 723
    Geek-Cred : 9

Post  mikel.withers July 22nd 2016, 7:42 am

Staypuff, really...
    I once had a nightmare that aliens were chasing "us" and it was one of those where you start moving in slow motion, and just... can't.... go... any... faster... So this alien, one of the typical grey aliens, comes up, all teeth and scariness, and in spite I bite him with my blunt (compared to his) teeth, and he tastes like marshmallow. ... well, I happen to love marshmallows, so I yell out "They're marshmallow!" and all the starving humans turn around on the aliens who are suddenly rather frightened, while I start munching on this alien's arm.
    Staypuff is a dream come true, not a nightmare.
    UKSteve
    UKSteve

Post  UKSteve July 22nd 2016, 8:39 am

Paeter wrote:Have you played the ghostbusters game that came out for consoles a few years ago?

Nope - got half an eye out for the Wii version, but basically anything on a system more recent than PS1 is a mystery to me...
    UKSteve
    UKSteve

Post  UKSteve July 22nd 2016, 8:44 am

jazzact13 wrote:I remember the Ghostbusters game for the first Sega system. Driving around the city trying to keep Staypuff from smashing buildings, then climbing stairs in a building to get to the big bad at the top. It was pretty fun, at the time.

I think the Master System version was the same game I played on the 8-bit computers, but with all the stair climbing added at the end. Smile
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter July 22nd 2016, 10:46 am

My very first "audio drama" was a Ghostbusters story. Just me recording myself on a tape recorder in 1st or second grade, going nuts with crazy "zuul" voices and stuff. I proudly played it for my mom... who then had a concerned talk with me about the supernatural. (Sigh... she meant well.)

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 16th 2024, 3:30 pm