Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

I Killed The Griffin!! (Witcher 3)

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

I Killed The Griffin!! (Witcher 3) Empty I Killed The Griffin!! (Witcher 3)

Post  Paeter August 24th 2016, 12:21 am

I suck at games and have very little tolerance for dying and having to repeat material. And I've put off playing The Witcher 3 because of the nudity/sex cutscenes the series is known for and because I didn't want to get invested in a game that would eventually present a wall of difficulty I can't get past. (Freaking "GOD OF WAAAAAAARRR"!!!!)

But after learning that sex scenes can be avoided by simply not initiating them and are also skippable if you do accidentally, I took advantage of a sale and also took a chance with the combat on the easiest difficulty. It's involved a bit of a learning curve, but I think I'm getting the hang of what the game wants me to do. And the first boss fight against the Griffin went really well and I killed it much faster than I thought I would while taking very little damage!

Just wanted to jump on here and celebrate, as this means I will probably be able to enjoy a fantasy open world game (my favorite genre, I think) that is celebrated for its quality and massive size, both of which I'm beginning to appreciate. So woohoo and praise Yahweh for the little, unnecessary, gracious blessings!

Aaaaand here's what the opposite of that feeling looks like while playing "God Of War"...

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

I Killed The Griffin!! (Witcher 3) Empty Re: I Killed The Griffin!! (Witcher 3)

Post  Rickster August 24th 2016, 3:09 pm

Congrats on your victory
    I was watching a streamer play the Witcher 3 and one of the sex scenes came up and you could tell she was uncomfortable with it on her stream.
    and to save you some frustration and rage quitting I suggest you never pick up the inFamous games.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter August 24th 2016, 3:59 pm

Rickster wrote:
    and to save you some frustration and rage quitting I suggest you never pick up the inFamous games.

Oh really? I was considering trying them at some point. What's going on there? Timed missions or some form of insta-fail?

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster August 24th 2016, 4:16 pm

The first game had some missions where you're suppose to follow someone and if you get seen you fail and start over and if he gets to far you loose him and you fail.
    I was trying out infamous second son the other day and I think I died at least 10+ times on the first mission because so many enemies are shooting at you.
    Although I did laugh because even though I thought I was sucking at the first infamous game once I finished the prologue I got a message saying based on my performance it has decided to change the difficulty settings to Hard
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter August 25th 2016, 9:11 am

Yikes. Thanks for helping me dodge that bullet!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 18th 2024, 3:37 am