Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

The Witcher (New Netflix Trailer)

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

The Witcher (New Netflix Trailer) Empty The Witcher (New Netflix Trailer)

Post  Paeter October 31st 2019, 3:08 pm

I might have missed it, but I didn't see them using sex to sell this show in this trailer, so that makes me hopeful that it won't be following a Game Of Thrones model. (Though it will still likely have some kind of sexiness in it).

What do you guys think of this trailer?

www.spiritblade.com
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

The Witcher (New Netflix Trailer) Empty Re: The Witcher (New Netflix Trailer)

Post  Paeter October 31st 2019, 3:15 pm

Oh, and it lands on December 20th. Theoretically my last day of work before vacation, when I will need to review Star Wars and upload the podcast and a bunch of other stuff that will auto-post while I'm off. So I guess Netflix really wanted me to cram on that last day. I imagine I'll try to review the premiere for youtube only, if I have time.

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Post  AdamCollings October 31st 2019, 10:20 pm

When he says "I had them filed down" there appear to be a large group of naked people kissing and more behind him (possibly some same sex couplings in there too). It's obscured by the camera's depth of field, so maybe they'll not go as explicit as shows like Game of Thrones. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    Apart from that, it looks like it could be an interesting fantasy show. I'm not familiar with the books, but I'm guessing the game you played on your "games I want to love" stream is based upon those same books?
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter November 1st 2019, 9:46 am

AdamCollings wrote:When he says "I had them filed down" there appear to be a large group of naked people kissing and more behind him (possibly some same sex couplings in there too). It's obscured by the camera's depth of field, so maybe they'll not go as explicit as shows like Game of Thrones. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    Apart from that, it looks like it could be an interesting fantasy show. I'm not familiar with the books, but I'm guessing the game you played on your "games I want to love" stream is based upon those same books?

Ah crap, you're right. That scene will probably involve a "walking in shot" where the camera establishes the setting by showing a lot of that. Going to have to go into this really cautious.

As for the source material, yes, both the show and games are based on a series of books that I'm not at all familiar with either.

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 4th 2024, 5:15 am